Racketboy.com Podcast #2 - Smash TV - Turmell and Jarvis

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Racketboy.com Podcast #2 - Smash TV - Turmell and Jarvis

Post by dsheinem »

This one was a lot of fun and Mark and Eugene had a lot to say about Smash TV as well as many other subjects. Hopefully the audio and the interviews themselves are slightly better this time - let the critique fly! Did we improve over the first outing?

Also, feel free to use this space to comment or ask questions about the details of the interview. Some of the conversation on either side of hitting the "record" button is obviously not included, so maybe I can answer additional questions for you...
jfe2
Next-Gen

Re: Racketboy.com Podcast #2 - Smash TV - Turmell and Jarvis

Post by jfe2 »

Awesome! I've been waiting for this to be posted. I'll let you know what I think of it after I give it a listen tonight.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Do you think you could have a link put up on the homepage that is directed to the download for each new cast? It's kinda a run-around getting to it. :)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

IG-88 wrote:Do you think you could have a link put up on the homepage that is directed to the download for each new cast? It's kinda a run-around getting to it. :)

There's a link to show details on the front page, and then a download link on the page detailing the show. Were you looking for something else?
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

:roll: Sorry. For some reason I didn't see that. Works for me.

ps. keep up the great work! Love me these podcasts at work!
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

This installment was excellent in every way! The audio quality is much better this time around, the interview style is perfect, the interviews themselves were downright captivating, and the outro song is FUCKING EPIC! :lol:

This is a seriously awesome podcast, and I am really looking forward to the future installments. This is the kind of podcast that can be listened to multiple times due to the amount of information that comes from the interviews.

I'll discuss specifics of the interviews after others have had a chance to listen, but I will say that I am hyped at the possibility of a proper sequel to Smash T.V., although it sucks that Turmell wouldn't be involved. :(
Ack

Post by Ack »

I thought it was great. And then I heard the Outro song you picked.

You, dsheinem, are a god amongst men.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Glad you all liked that outro song, it seemed to fit!

What did you think about Jarvis' discussion of Virtual Reality? I remember being very interested in the technology when it was being hyped in the mid-early 90s and then disappointed when all we got was the Virtual Boy. I remember watching the movie TOYS which has a VR scene in it and thinking that if VR games were like they showed them in the movie, it could be the coolest thing ever. By the way, if you've never seen Toys, there are lots of cool video game scenes in it :D.

Do you think Jarvis is right - are we finally ready for VR now? Is the technology there? Could the interest be resurrected?

Also - on a Smash TV related note, I did a search for "Mutoid Man sketch" (since Turmell mentioned he had Tobias' originals) and found this, which I thought was cool: http://www.justinyee.com/mutoid.htm
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You just got mentioned on 1up.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176814
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

MrPopo wrote:You just got mentioned on 1up.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176814

Kotaku gave you a plug too!

http://kotaku.com/5399141/smash-tv-will ... co+creator