Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Future Shows

by dsheinem Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:09 am

Ack wrote:Oh yeah, I have an interview I would absolutely love. I'd like to hear an interview with John Carmack about id Software, Commander Keen, the FPS revolution in the early to mid-1990s, his thoughts on id's recent games, and the state of the FPS and online multiplayer.

It would be awesome to do a full length show with just Carmack - there are a few other guests who I would also want to dedicate an hour (or more!) to, but he would certainly be high on the list.

I'll look into in the future, but for now the topic of the next few shows is basically set up.

Also, even if I didn't get to a specific request for the first Listener Request show (part 1 or 2), that doesn't mean I won't try to later. I had at least one requested guest who is willing to do the show but wasn't able to before the deadline. There's another requested guest who will be part of an upcoming show dedicated to a specific topic that was brought up. So keep the suggestions coming - I hope to do at least 2-3 more request based shows this year.
randombullseye
24-bit

by randombullseye Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:07 am

I got a few more suggestions:

Shin Megami Tensei talk. I'd love to hear from translators, producers, or anybody involved with those. They're pretty niche, but I love them. Persona might be more popular, but my heart belongs to Nocturne. They're more popular now, but the games predate poke'mon as far as an RPG with lots of party members as monsters, and for some reason the comparison is always drawn between them.

Swery the creator of Deadly Premonition, Extermination, and Spy Fiction*. Three of the most hilariously wild games I've ever played. *Still waiting on Spy Fiction, but I've watched videos and it looks wonderful.

Simple 2000 series talk. Two games are known in the west, Earth Defense Force 2017 and Robot Alchemic Drive, but there are tons and tons of games out there. I've been trying to order and play as many as I can and would love to hear from whoever came up with this. Even the guys who brought these over. Just a thought I had.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:38 am

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming!

I am planning another listener request show for later this summer, and will continue to use this thread to choose guests. In the show earlier this year, I invited 5 people from this thread onto the show. I'd like to do another 5 or 6 guests over a couple of shows later this summer. I'll go back and look through old posts of course, but new ideas are welcome too!
Ack

by Ack Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Hey, what about the Doucette brothers? They visit the site and have been working on Duality ZF for quite a while. Why not talk to them about the process of building a multiplayer shmup for Xbox Live?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
weasels
Next-Gen

by weasels Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Hey i thought of an idea. Reticon Entertainment ( http://www.reticonentertainment.org/ ) is the group responsible behind that Dreamcast RPG TAHI. they seem really promising, and they might just give us some info on the game.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 pm

I took November off, and I basically took October off (I just intro'd and eq'ed fast's DragonCon panel in Oct.), but the show will be back VERY soon with new episodes...

TEASER: I had an awesome conversation with Ed Fries earlier this evening ;)
jfe2
Next-Gen

by jfe2 Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:51 am

dsheinem wrote:I took November off, and I basically took October off (I just intro'd and eq'ed fast's DragonCon panel in Oct.), but the show will be back VERY soon with new episodes...

Nice! Halo 2600 is on deck for me right now. :)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:52 am

jfe2 wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I took November off, and I basically took October off (I just intro'd and eq'ed fast's DragonCon panel in Oct.), but the show will be back VERY soon with new episodes...

Nice! Halo 2600 is on deck for me right now. :)

Amazing game. Go the emulation route over flash, and play with a real controller of sorts. Wonderful experience. Loads better than ODST.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:26 am

good to hear Dave. I've been sampling other podcasts this month, and finding more misses than hits. Looking forward to the next RB-cast.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:38 pm

I think you should interview someone from Good Deal Games/Homebrew Heaven about all the homebrew releases they publish for dead systems.
Return to Podcast