Future Shows

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
IG-88

Re: Future Shows

Post by IG-88 »

I would love to see a segment done on Arcade games. Reviews, history, trivia, anything. There is very little done on the subject and yet we all owe alot to them!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - the next two shows will tie in to the November Together Retro, but after that I'll be considering these ideas very seriously. We can't have too many good ideas, so keep them coming!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I'm currently mulling over ideas for December...it won't be tied to the TR game...so anyone have additional suggestions they want to contribute?
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

I would personally love it if you could interview Steve Wiebe, not even really about the obvious Donkey Kong record stuff, but more so to hear his thoughts on Donkey Kong Jr., which I believe he still holds the record for. Donkey Kong Jr. was one of my favorite games back when I was really young!
DCAllAmerican
24-bit

Post by DCAllAmerican »

The History of 2D Fighter games would be a nice topic. See if you can bring in someone from SNK or Capcom
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Yeah, an interview with someone from SNK or Capcom would be great!
randombullseye
24-bit

Post by randombullseye »

If you can continue the interviews with people who made games, I'd love that.

Especially strange ones no one talks about.

If you can somehow pull the guys who made Werewolf Last Warrior or Chakan out of a hat, I'd be so happy.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I have a suggestion for a history show. Steve Cartwright singlehandedly programmed a lot of Activision games for Atari including my favorite game - Seaquest for the 2600. He's been active in the industry from the beginning so it'd be cool to hear him talk about the early days of Atari. He's also leading some big projects today. It still amazes me how those programmers managed to do so much with the limited hardware back then. I'm sure he'd have some interesting anecdotes.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Perhaps you could interview the guys from Xona games? They are developing an indie shmup for XBLA, and actually already post here on the boards!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11549&p=198213#p198213

Also, I'm sure this has been suggested somewhere here before, but I think Nathan Barnatt is a no-brainer. Perhaps you could interview him in character as Keith Apicary first, and then do an interview with Nathan? :D
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I think it's obvious we need a show dedicated to the Virtual Boy.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.