Future Shows

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Future Shows

Post by racketboy »

Quick thought... what about emulator developers? or do you think that would get too technical?
AmericanMuffin
32-bit

Post by AmericanMuffin »

How about one on the MMO NEStalgia?
ImageImageImage
Downing
24-bit

Post by Downing »

I know I'm kinda new here to this forum, but I've been in the video game world for as long as I can remember. But I've also been a console modder for a few years now, following closely in the footsteps of Bacteria from a technical aspect and Hailrazer from an aesthetic aspect. Though I know I'm not on either of levels as of yet, it just takes time and determination which I can moderate.

But my idea was to maybe talk about the shift in the modding world from the perspective of a new and an experienced modder. I mean back in 2006, 2007 when portable systems just started to become possible, the shock and awe factor of these units set the web on fire. I believe this to partially be because the know-how was just not on display as much as it is now and because of this saturation of information, the bar has been raised to the point that even a good looking unit that functions is only worth a passing glance.

So where's it gonna go and what challenges is it going to bring for new and veteran modders? Newbies now face much higher expectations because the info is all out there and vets constantly have to top their last project just to stay ahead. I mean I could go on for hours with this and I feel this could be an indepth and interesting topic to try out.
Hey guys, check out my new website and project showcase!
Also this is where my Case Making Guide can be found!