Sega Announces Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Metalcrack
32-bit

Re: Sega Announces Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection

Post by Metalcrack »

I stopped reading at Beyond Oasis......SOLD!
Atari2600/Colecovision/Dreamcast/DS-Lite/GBA/NES/N64/Gamecube/Saturn/Master System/Genesis-32X-CD/PS1/PS2/PSP/TG16/Xbox/Xbox 360/

Budget Gaming PC: .... AMD Phenom II x3 720, 6870 1GB, 4GB 1600 Ram
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

RadarScope1 wrote:Here's the Ars write-up on the pads. First I've seen a detailed account of them.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs. ... as-arrived

Nice, thanks.
schi0249
16-bit

Post by schi0249 »

I'm getting the 360 version. I noticed itsays "four games from the Phantasy Star series. But only 2-4 are listed. So does that hint that some of the unlocked are SMS games? Have they published a list of what is locked?
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

schi0249 wrote:I'm getting the 360 version. I noticed itsays "four games from the Phantasy Star series. But only 2-4 are listed. So does that hint that some of the unlocked are SMS games? Have they published a list of what is locked?

Hey I didn't notice that. It almost has to mean that, right? I actually have a complete copy of the first one languishing in my backlog that I'm determined to play one of these days.
jonathang
24-bit

Post by jonathang »

phantasy star 1 is going to be including in this collection look at sega website it in the screen shot section
Attachments
12318766581_t.jpg
12318766581_t.jpg (6.02 KiB) Viewed 604 times
Game systems:Original Xbox,PS2 Slim,PS3 60GB.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Yeah, PS1 will be there based on those clues. There's also an achievement/trophy for playing "every arcade game." Since the 40 listed are all Genesis games, and Genny ports of Sega arcade titles, I think we can expect to see some classic Sega arcade games, too. The only question is which ones and how many. Based on the way the achievement is worded, it sounds like a pretty good number of them. I'm pretty pumped for this collection. I'll still be able to play 16 bit classics on my new TV.
andythebadass
32-bit

Post by andythebadass »

8) this is going to be a great collection. makes the wii virtual console seem expensive... haha

Systems: NES, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, Virtual Boy, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, PS3
Portables: Gameboy, Neo Geo Pocket Color, DS, PSP, iPhone
jonathang
24-bit

Post by jonathang »

RadarScope1 wrote:Yeah, PS1 will be there based on those clues. There's also an achievement/trophy for playing "every arcade game." Since the 40 listed are all Genesis games, and Genny ports of Sega arcade titles, I think we can expect to see some classic Sega arcade games, too. The only question is which ones and how many. Based on the way the achievement is worded, it sounds like a pretty good number of them. I'm pretty pumped for this collection. I'll still be able to play 16 bit classics on my new TV.
yeah im so happy street of rage and phantasy star 1 is going be in this collection and other good games.i so excited sega made this collection on the playstation 3.i will able to play my old sega games in hd
Last edited by jonathang on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
schi0249
16-bit

Post by schi0249 »

Even my wife is excited for this one. She is a hug Sonic fan. I never got into that series, I preferred Mario or Alex Kid.
jonathang
24-bit

Post by jonathang »

Citizin wrote:
REPO Man wrote:
Mozgus wrote:I rage every time emulation packs like this get upscaled with a 4xHQ filter and are advertised as "Now in HD!!". That's not HD, you dumbfucks.

WHO THE FU_CK CARES?? It's classic Genny games on the 360 (and PS3, but for the moment that doesn't concern me) made to look gr8 on an HDTV! Just STFU and enjoy the ride, but remember to keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times.

I don't see what's so great about upscaled Genesis games that could be emulated for free are being released in an expensive compilation.

If you are willing to pay for these games, why not go for the original carts instead?
welcome to the future you dont need carts .that was in the past.you should get this collection this is cool. you old carts might break soon.how are you going to play sega genesis games