Megaman 9 presskit!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
mrtie
16-bit

Megaman 9 presskit!

Post by mrtie »

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2008/10/08/mega_man_9_kits_on_sale_tomorrow

The beautifully 1980's press kit for megaman in a limited run of 200 copies went on sale on Capcom's website today.
They are sold out now, but I freaking got one! I'll be sure to take some nice pic's when it shows up. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but it seemed appropriate.

It looks like this if you're too lazy for the link.

Ack

Re: Megaman 9 presskit!

Post by Ack »

Congrats, man!
Mr. Stripe
24-bit

Post by Mr. Stripe »

I thought they'd be on the front page of the store... So I missed out :(
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

heh, I ordered two. One to my home address then before they sold out I was able to get in another order to send one to my school address. One to keep one to sell, w00t.

I wouldn't have found it if I wasn't reading the comments on the blogpost. I kept checking the front page, then I was tipped off to look under the games alphabetically. Others found it under Megaman at the very bottom and under collectibles.

Did everyone see this:
http://kotaku.com/5060749/mega-man-9-pr ... 50-on-ebay
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Now comes the big question. Do I leave it sealed, or do I open it to get at the CD inside?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

I would open it up if I didn't already have the game. Otherwise, this thing screamed shelf candy from the get-go.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
millerjm2
24-bit

Post by millerjm2 »

You all should check your e-mail, as it is now back-ordered. I was in for one but now I'll have to wait till tomorrow and see if they actually ship it. I was so psyched and now I am at a loss for words. What a rollercoaster this has been. I am hoping since they haven't returned my payment yet that there is still an outside hope of getting one but my hopes, well they are nothing more than a memory.

Where are you guys getting the 200 from? As in is the a specific press release from Capcom that actually states the amount made, if so where can it be found?
mrtie
16-bit

Post by mrtie »

Damn it!...now I see the back order wth...so the chances of actually getting one are exactly 0 then?
millerjm2
24-bit

Post by millerjm2 »

I have no clue what will happen. I went here

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog ... num=5&pg=5

and read through some of the posts for a glimmer of hope and found the following post,

"Stay calm guys--all the kits are on backorder because they are still in transit to the warehouse (where they get shipped out to you). Being on "backorder" does not mean you are out of luck :)

Also, although you get a confirmation saying your card will be charged, nobody's card is charged until the item actually goes to you. All is well! "

I'm not optimistic.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

RackGaki wrote:I would open it up if I didn't already have the game. Otherwise, this thing screamed shelf candy from the get-go.

So the press kit doesn't actually contain the game, as it's virtual only. It just has the uber box, the plastic shell of an NES cart, and the CD which has media and pictures and whatnot.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards keeping it sealed, at least for now. I figure there will be a torrent somewhere of the ISO, so no need to bust it open for that. Of course, if I ever see that some less than legal shop is selling Mega Man 9 boards that you can put into the shell...
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.