Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
loganm187
32-bit

Screens from the new vanillaware game! OH MY GOD!!!!!1

Post by loganm187 »

MrPopo

Re: Screens from the new vanillaware game! OH MY GOD!!!!!1

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, they had a page in the latest Nintendo Power devoted to it. I saw them and determined it was an instant buy, after my experience with Odin Sphere.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

That's been in development for a while, but I don't think we've seen anything of it in almost a year. Good to seem some better screens.
Mr. Stripe
24-bit

Post by Mr. Stripe »

What is this game called again?

Really looking forward to it.
allyourbasearebelongtous
8-bit

Post by allyourbasearebelongtous »

that looks awesome.

what system is this?
i hope something i can get.
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

Nintendo Wii, Oboro Muramasa Yotoden in Japan, Muramasa: The Demon Blade in America.

Like Racketboy said, screens haven't surfaces for a while, so it's nice to see that it's coming out. The last screens were small and left you wanting more. Personally, I am disappointed that they aren't going high-def - this stuff would look beautiful in HD. At least it's on a more powerful system - Odin Sphere suffered from an assload of slowdown. Should have always been a 360 or PS3 game from the start, as should this.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Post by ZenLogikos »

Fantastic! One of my most anticipated. Time to buy a Wii...
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

RackGaki wrote:Nintendo Wii, Oboro Muramasa Yotoden in Japan, Muramasa: The Demon Blade in America.

Like Racketboy said, screens haven't surfaces for a while, so it's nice to see that it's coming out. The last screens were small and left you wanting more. Personally, I am disappointed that they aren't going high-def - this stuff would look beautiful in HD. At least it's on a more powerful system - Odin Sphere suffered from an assload of slowdown. Should have always been a 360 or PS3 game from the start, as should this.

Odin Sphere suffered from crappy gameplay, but it was beautiful to look at and this game looks even more gorgeous. I hope they actually bother with the gameplay this time. It seems like all Vanillaware cares about it putting out games that are as pretty as possible. This is what we call style with no substance
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I personally enjoyed the gameplay in Odin Sphere, and although I did feel that the enemies were a bit too resilient to hitstun, especially considering how my character could easily be knocked back by a single hit. Once I got used to it I adjusted my tactics to make up for it, but it ended up feeling similar to Golden Axe Warrior, where the enemies are just a little on the resilient end, requiring more dancing from the player.

But looking at the trailer I found on 1up, it looks like at least in a couple stages they have multiple levels of terrain, which will be some nice variety over the single level of Odin Sphere.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Vanillaware needs to either hire some better game mechanic geniuses or contract themselves out to specialize in visual design.