Thunder Force VI coming out for PS2

Post by Tancred »

Vae Victus!
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Re: Thunder Force VI coming out for PS2

Post by Doctor Fugue »

This was big news....six months ago! :P
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
Tancred
8-bit

Post by Tancred »

Haha. Well I just found out when I read that article.
Vae Victus!
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

:lol: No problem. I think there was a thread on here about it.

Better late than never! Keep supporting shooters because they need the publicity!!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
elvis
128-bit

Post by elvis »

I preordered my copy from Play-Asia about a month ago. The TF series was one of my favourites on MegaDrive, and this one looks great. The official website updated about a week back with MP3's from the first two stages, and they sound pretty cool.
peace4myheart
128-bit

Post by peace4myheart »

My copy is on its way. Can't wait. Anyone has it yet??? Please give us your first impression.
"You're just given the illusion that your decisions can actually make a difference when in the end all has been decided by the programmers." NebachadnezzaR
peace4myheart
128-bit

Post by peace4myheart »

Just played it for the first time. My impression after one run through is that it has great graphics, music is pretty awesome, and overall, the game is pretty fun. My only two gripes are the ship is a bit too big and the game goes into some weird angle during parts of the game. I really don't know why they choose to purposely have those angles, perhaps for cinematic purpose, but I find them to be distracting and annoying when I am playing. I like gradius V more, but this game is definitely up there with it. The more shmups the merrier!!!
"You're just given the illusion that your decisions can actually make a difference when in the end all has been decided by the programmers." NebachadnezzaR
mordimar

Post by mordimar »

Anyone else have a chance to play this? Impressions? I hope to pick it up fairly cheap at EBX or some where like that. I'd say in the series, I loved Lightening Force (US) best for the music and overall game play. The only one in the series I don't have is 1 and now 6.
-Mordi
Sega - Master System, Genesis+CD version 1, Saturn, Dreamcast -- Nomad
Nintendo - NES, SNES+SGB, N64, GameCube w/GBA player, Wii -- GBA, DSLite (gave away the other handhelds)
Sony - NTSC PS1, NTSC PS2, PAL PS1, PAL PS2
Nec - (2)Turbo Duo w/SuperCD2
Atari - 2600
elvis
128-bit

Post by elvis »

I've had a bit of time to play this one, and wrote a [url="http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php?t=18800"]short review[/url] on it.

The basic gist was this:

The game is way too easy at first, but you need to stick with it. Once you unlock the second ship and bump that difficulty level way up (and if you're very good, don't use any of the "over weapons"), then it's oldschool Thunderforce goodness.

Not as good as 3 or 4, but still fun. Just ignore the easy first ship which is only there to keep kids and non-shmuppers from crying.