NEW KOF XII iinfo and VIDS!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Elwood
16-bit

Re: NEW KOF XII iinfo and VIDS!

Post by Elwood »

The roster is small in comparison to previous years, but I'd assume that's because SNK is overhauling the series with a new engine and new character models. It used to be that they'd just slightly touch up sprites from previous games and put them in, but since it's all going to be brand new, they couldn't go all out with the roster.

Assuming the game does well, I'd think that the next installment after this would up the roster size a bit.

Although I am a tad annoyed that many of my favorite characters aren't in this one. And why is the old dude from the Psycho Soldiers team back? I thought Momoko (the breakdancing girl from KOF XI) was replacing him? That sucks that shes out as she was one of my better characters in that last game.
I wanted to be a Teminator but they require you have an armored hyperalloy skeleton and mine's mostly recycled truck tires.

-Max
Anayo
Next-Gen

Re: NEW KOF XII iinfo and VIDS!

Post by Anayo »

I just watched the video and that looks SWEET! I've always wanted to see PS3/XBOX 360 sort of hardware used to make awesome looking 2D games. It's a shame Street Fighter IV isn't the like this, if you ask me.