Terra Onion Mega SD

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Terra Onion Mega SD

Post by Jagosaurus »

Did his video state if save states work on SCD games too? At 25 mins, added to my watch later queue.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

I'm going with no, save states are only for Genesis games. They only specifically list Megadrive/Genesis on the FAQ page, and they are pretty specific everywhere else. That means, no save states on SMS, 32X, or Sega CD games.
Not a deal breaker for me. As long as it stores standard Ram/cart saves on SD card, I'm good.

Maybe possible on Sega CD in the future though, as the in game menu is still accessible for CD games (but never for SMS or 32X).
...just another lost soul...
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

sevin0seven wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:The MegaSD has crisp, clear audio. In fact, the MegaSD has audio that's ever clearer than the original SegaCD. The drawback is that the user can now hear scratches and pops from the original recording that had previously been masked by the relatively muddy audio output.

..now that is what i call high definition sound! :lol:

:lol: Good one. How you been, seven?
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

samsonlonghair wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:The MegaSD has crisp, clear audio. In fact, the MegaSD has audio that's ever clearer than the original SegaCD. The drawback is that the user can now hear scratches and pops from the original recording that had previously been masked by the relatively muddy audio output.

..now that is what i call high definition sound! :lol:

:lol: Good one. How you been, seven?

I'm doing good bro; good to see you still around the neighborhood (forum) when I visit. This flash cart is definitely on my watch list.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

That's not a bad price considering the Mega EverDrive x7 goes for $170. You are basically paying another $80 for Sega CD capabilities. Last time I went to a Game eXchange, they wanted like $200+ for a Model 2 Sega CD... So yea, I think it's worth to buy this cart if you want to play Sega CD games.

Though personally, I might hold off. The flash cart scene is always making progressions. I haven't been in a Sega CD mode lately. I might wait for one that uses the side slot so maybe there's the chance to be able to play the 32x CD games.

Anyways, this is great news. Eventually, all the lasers on these units will die out. I'm glad these guys are taking the time to use the cartridge slots.

I never bought from Terraonion before though. Anybody got some feedback on them?
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
dlmvii
Next-Gen

Post by dlmvii »

Stone Age Gamer has said that they'll be carrying them [https://stoneagegamer.com/blog/say-hello-to-the-megasd/]. Given that they're a full fledged distributor (in the USA), if you live there as well you might be better off waiting for them to start selling the units. Not a knock against Terraonion, but I've found that often a good distributor does make the ordering process a lot smoother.