Turbografx 16 mini announced by konami!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Turbografx 16 mini announced by konami!

Post by Gunstar Green »

If this is good it's a definite for me as I've never owned a TG-16/PC Engine.

But given that it's Konami and there's no surefire name like M2 attached to it I'm going to remain only cautiously optimistic.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

We all want Rondo of Blood; that’s for certain. You know what else would be nice?

SPLATTERHOUSE!

I mean... it would be nice. Konami probably won’t include this game for risking the esrb rating of the whole console. Maybe it could be a hidden unlock-able game. A man can dream.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I'll be pretty sad if Namco is a no-show like it is on the Genesis mini.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Gunstar Green wrote:I'll be pretty sad if Namco is a no-show like it is on the Genesis mini.

Namco is now owned by Bandai - a company with its own video game legacy. Last year Namco/Bandai licensed many of its classic Namco games to a certain other company that makes retro video game consoles of negligible quality. Guess Who.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

samsonlonghair wrote:
Gunstar Green wrote:I'll be pretty sad if Namco is a no-show like it is on the Genesis mini.

Namco is now owned by Bandai - a company with its own video game legacy. Last year Namco/Bandai licensed many of its classic Namco games to a certain other company that makes retro video game consoles of negligible quality. Guess Who.

Yeah, that is exactly what I'm concerned about and why I suspected the Genesis mini was devoid of them.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Post by samsonlonghair »

Gunstar Green wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:

Yeah, that is exactly what I'm concerned about and why I suspected the Genesis mini was devoid of them.

Bingo
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Ziggy587 wrote:English Rondo or bust!

So I'm sure that a short time after its release someone will probably find a way to load more ROMs onto them, but I'm still going to be pissed if they don't give us the official English Rondo on the NA console! I mean, what is this? 1993?

I've been generally disappointed in how Konami has treated Rondo over the years. Not getting released out of Japan in 1993 to a console that wasn't doing well in the states is one thing, but by now Konami should very well know how beloved this game is. It makes everyone's top 5 list of classic Castlevania games. And many tout it as the best of the classic series. In 2007 Konami gave us an English version of the game for the first time, but only on a handheld console. It took over 10 years for them to finally release the English version on a home console, and it's digital only and exclusive to one console (the PS4 via Castlevania Requiem). They should have included Rondo and Symphony in the Castlevania Anniversary Collection. Or, perhaps better yet, get Requiem on Steam and give people the choice to purchase either collection for just $20 each.

/rant
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

My first time to play Rondo was on the PSP. Don't forget... you had to unlock the original RoB (&SoTN). It wasn't obvious or easy either. I was confused why they weren't in the game menu when I booted it up. Get ready to:
Rondo
This one's a little tricky and I found it on accident. You're going to need to play Stage 4. go through the level until you get to one of the final areas where you find the platform and spiked ball both attached to a chain. use it to cross over to the wall and destroy the wall next to the ground, you'll find three skull heads piled up on top of each other, it's actually a bomb. hit it and the entire will will collapse. once you do that, just go straight and destroy the three axe armors to be safe (two blue, one gold) then heads back and jump onto the lowering spike trap to get onto the column platforms. jump across them to the end and there you will find Rondo of Blood.

SoTN
In Stage 2, while the minotaur is chasing Richter, immediately fall into the first hole in the ground. You will not die, but instead be taken into the sewers. Play the level out normally and defeat the boss. Afterwards, you will be taken to Stage 3' (this is different from the normal Stage 3!).

In Stage 3', whenever the path branches, taken the upper route. Make sure you obtain the "axe" subweapon sometime during the stage. Eventually, you will meet a skeletal snake that is attached to a wall. Nearby is a vine-like cage; use the axe to cut it. It now serves as a platform for Richter to jump to the upper ledges. Continue along the upper ledges until you see a breakable tombstone. Inside is the item that unlocks Symphony of the Night. Return to the main menu to play it.

Agreed at being hacked. Hopefully it's easy to get all the CD, Super CD, & arcade titles running. As mentioned, that convoluted craziness is a barrier for most collectors in addition to the price.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I'm praying they don't screw this up with poor quality emulation or parts. I'd love to have a mini Turbografx just for Ys I & II alone.

Are people actually going to buy the multitap? When I had a pc engine the multitap got used for Bomberman one time... not a good investment.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Multi tap is only useful if you have people around to play with you.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.