Neo Geo Mini - Has SNK got the Sega Saturn problem??

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Neo Geo Mini - Has SNK got the Sega Saturn problem??

Post by Tanooki »

SpikeSlania wrote:
Tanooki wrote:Umm no it didn't on NES.

Opps, my bad. Guess it was just a WiiU thing :P

Yup that it was, and stupidly never released beyond that doomed console. I still wonder if they'd bother at this rate stuffing it on the 3DS like they did Earthbound, or perhaps have it as a 2019 treasure for the Nintendo Network services on Switch as part of the free NES library.
AreYouSerious

Post by AreYouSerious »

That's a nice little mini arcade theyve put together. How much does one of those run for? I remember being younger and always seeing neo geo in magazines.. but since it's not big in the US, I always wanted one. That was more the home console, but you get where I'm coming from. :D
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

AreYouSerious wrote:That's a nice little mini arcade theyve put together. How much does one of those run for? I remember being younger and always seeing neo geo in magazines.. but since it's not big in the US, I always wanted one. That was more the home console, but you get where I'm coming from. :D

They're $110 a piece if you want the US/International or converted to USD Japanese version. They also sell Neo-CD copycat controllers without the click stick (works the same, just no clicks) to plug into it if you wish to use the thing as just a console to play on your TV over mini-HDMI to HDMI output.
SpikeSlania
24-bit

Post by SpikeSlania »

Tanooki wrote:
AreYouSerious wrote:That's a nice little mini arcade theyve put together. How much does one of those run for? I remember being younger and always seeing neo geo in magazines.. but since it's not big in the US, I always wanted one. That was more the home console, but you get where I'm coming from. :D

They're $110 a piece if you want the US/International or converted to USD Japanese version. They also sell Neo-CD copycat controllers without the click stick (works the same, just no clicks) to plug into it if you wish to use the thing as just a console to play on your TV over mini-HDMI to HDMI output.

If it had the micro switches and used a usb input (Not sure what the controller input is) I would've got one for 2D fighters on other platforms