New Intellivision console

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: New Intellivision console

Post by samsonlonghair »

I watched Tommy Tallarico's “interview”
on a popular YouTube gaming channel. The interviewers had criticized the colecovision emigro in a previous video. The top comment on that Video was Tommy himself asking if he could come on the channel himself to talk about the product.

I gotta give Tommy Credit for grabbing the bull by the horns. He’s certainly communicating better than a lot of these retro gaming crowd funded projects.

Now... when I say this is an “interview” I mean that it was Tommy talking nonstop for more than an hour with very few actual questions from the hosts. This guy bounces from one topic to the next with the rapid pace of a humming bird. He was certainly enthusiastic, but he wasn’t terribly convincing. His spiel felt a little too rehearsed.

I remain skeptical, but I’d love to be proved wrong.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I really don't get the appeal of projects like this. We've already got a thriving indie scene for 2D games that play on anything. I don't need a specialized box for them.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Jon Irwin of Variety wrote a pretty good article about the Amico and its place in the video game market. It doesn't really reveal any new information about the Amico itself, but Irwin does a good job of contextualizing the Amico as a product with a misguided target demographic. If you're interested in marketing, this article might well appeal to you.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/columns ... 203018158/