Looks like LRG will be making SEGA CD/Saturn US cases

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
theclaw
Next-Gen

Re: Looks like LRG will be making SEGA CD/Saturn US cases

Post by theclaw »

Shiny! It better be perfect enough to keep the artwork intact over time. Mangling covers to fit a "wrong" box, ew.

Reprise wrote:Now if they could just strike a deal to make PAL Dreamcast cases... (Retro Bit should totally do that if they haven't already got it in the pipeline).

I'm not familiar with PAL Dreamcast. But the rabbit hole is insane. All sorts of Japanese, etc, case varieties I have no idea where you'd get replacements.
Lum fan.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

If you're a nutcase collector, you'll actually notice the hinges on the are slightly smaller/thinner on Sega CD cases. You can't swap the doors. The Saturn hinges are too "fat." If you can, it means your case was swapped at some point in time for a Saturn case.

I have issues :lol:

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

This is great news likely will need a few of these.. :lol:
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Mad Gamer

Post by Mad Gamer »

Best news I've heard in a while. Sign me up. I've got a few broken or scratched up cases I've been dying to swap out.
postulio

Post by postulio »

Turns out someone was already working on these before LRG got into production. From what I read on the NA forums the LRG ones will be $5 a pop, $1 more than the ones already out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078M ... UTF8&psc=1