RetroFreak (11 consoles in 1)

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: RetroFreak (11 consoles in 1)

Post by o.pwuaioc »

What, no Lynx? Worse than no Game Gear, no Master System?
arcadifvid
32-bit

Post by arcadifvid »

no loopy ?? :lol:

in all seriousness now, i own each of the console supported but i still want this!!! the USB controller support is a nice touch. i can use my arcade stick on this. when is this coming out? i hope its out by the time i get to japan.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

No Game.com slot?
arcadifvid
32-bit

Post by arcadifvid »

did some google translate on the site

The body of the world's smallest class
Retro freak, was downsized to be the world's smallest class as stationary retro game compatible machine. Game cartridges, you can be connected using the cartridge adapter.

11 species corresponding cartridge adapter

Retro freak is available 11 types of game machine cartridge by connecting the cartridge adapter.

You can install the game

The most distinctive feature of retro freak, is "install feature" of the game. By installing the game from the connected cartridge, after that you can play the game without connecting the cartridge. Since the insertion and removal of the cartridge is not required, as well as prevent the deterioration of the precious cartridge terminal, to change the playing style of retro games up to this greatly.

※ In order to use the installation feature, separately it requires microSD.
※ can be installed cartridge is limited to those of self-ownership.
※ the installed game is only available in retro freak body that you used to install.

Controller suitable for retro games

The retro freak, wired controller comes with one. With a suitable controller to play retro games, also it is with retro freak dedicated button.

Corresponding to the USB controller

By connecting to the USB terminal of retro freak, you can use a commercially available USB controller. Controller of the PS3 and PS4 are also available by the USB connection.

It can be used with genuine controller

By using the controller conversion adapter (sold separately), you can use the original controller and peripheral devices of various game machine that can connect to the following connector retro freak.

Family Computer expanded connector
AV specification family computer controller terminal
SNES controller terminal
Mega Drive controller terminal
PC engine controller terminal
※ part of the controller, there is a case where the peripheral equipment can not be used.

Various output settings

The video of the game to play in retro freak is not only up-scaling, such as various filters to be smoothly displayed to complement the changes and enlarged image of the aspect ratio, you can fine setting. As for the sound, such as wide stereo and treble-bass emphasis to up the spread of the left and right of the sound, you can set to your liking.

Corresponding code freak featured all models

NES and Super Nintendo, of course, even for games such as Mega Drive and PC Engine, you can use the code freak function that can be in a state such as invincible and level MAX.

※ If you use the code freak function, you need a PC that can be separately connected to the microSD card and the Internet.

Also save possible in the battery of dead game

Battery of battery backup is off in cartridge that is no longer able to save, game save data that has been playing in retro freak, you can save the retro freak body.

Everywhere you can save

By the quick save function of retro freak, even save function there is no cartridge save data, you can save and load in your favorite place at any time.

Possible mutual movement of save data

Or capture save data to retro freak from the cartridge, or write the save data stored in the retro freak in cartridge, allowing mutual movement of save data.

Corresponding to 11 kinds of game software in one

Retro freak is a "retro game compatible machine" that can be played by connecting the following 11 types of game machine software (cartridge) with a single. ※ 1

Family Computer Super Nintendo Super Nintendo Entertainment System (NTSC / PAL) Game Boy Game Boy Color Game Boy Advance Mega Drive (NTSC / PAL) ※ 2GENESIS (North American version Mega Drive) PC Engine TurboGrafx-16 (overseas edition PC engine) PC engine super graphics
※ 1: there are times when it does not work on part of the game.
※ 2: when Mega adapter use is Sega Mark III correspondence

High-quality video and audio in the HDMI output

Retro freak, you can connect to a TV with an HDMI cable. Game screen is automatically up-scaling to 720p, will be able to play high-quality video and audio as compared with the retro game machine body was analog connection.
arcadifvid
32-bit

Post by arcadifvid »

ok now i dont get it after reading the translation. hopefully its just mistranslation but from what i understand now, you need separate adapters for the console and controllers??

Retro freak is available 11 types of game machine cartridge by connecting the cartridge adapter.

By using the controller conversion adapter (sold separately), you can use the original controller and peripheral devices of various game machine that can connect to the following connector retro freak.

suddenly not too excited about this anymore.. price will be a big factor now since retron5 seems still like a good deal.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Nice to see some competition. There's some pros and cons but it will hopefully be a good alternative for fans with consoles not supported and may spur Hyperkin to release new features and add-ons.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

ExedExes wrote:(BTW I was waiting for "no game gear" "no n64" like all the people on the Hyperkin Facebook)

You make it sound as though I was complaining, as opposed to just thinking out loud.

The people on Hyperkin's facebook were behaving like selfish, shitty little brats. That's kind of a nasty comparison.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

CFFJR wrote:
ExedExes wrote:(BTW I was waiting for "no game gear" "no n64" like all the people on the Hyperkin Facebook)

You make it sound as though I was complaining, as opposed to just thinking out loud.

The people on Hyperkin's facebook were behaving like selfish, shitty little brats. That's kind of a nasty comparison.

I wasn't specifically after you or anybody here. But when you have something that plays so much, of course we'd all like to see cartridge & card slots for every console in existence. Just ain't happening right now. Would it be the Retron 15? :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I think there's potential here, but also just potential not to leave the mother country too looking at that menu and the lack of the NES slot. I don't see many being happy having to buy a NES adapter for the famicom slot, or being sold one by a vendor, and then also being sold for more cash an adapter box that has ports for legit controllers. You're looking for the US market (and PAL) system$ + NES slot adapter$ +legit controller adapter$ =$$$ more cash.

I'm not saying the R5 is a shining deal, and this does trump it if you care about PCE and having games install to the box so you can shelve the carts. The first couldn't be corrected but Hyperkin if pressure got laid on them could do the other with the 1 1/2 GB of storage that thing has inside.

Also this new thing has no storage, you have to supply your own micro SD card which will cost you a bit more too. They mostly seem to be in direct emulation combat competition with each other, but I can't see how this retrofreak could cost less unless you don't want to use the SD card to save data, use an original controller, or care about NES games either.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

ExedExes wrote:I wasn't specifically after you or anybody here. But when you have something that plays so much, of course we'd all like to see cartridge & card slots for every console in existence. Just ain't happening right now. Would it be the Retron 15? :lol:

:lol: Well I certainly wouldn't argue with a Retro 15!

It better have a slot for Saturn ram carts though or I swear...

In any case, sorry for being snippy.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.