Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past Gets Unofficial CD Audio

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past Gets Unofficial CD Aud

Post by Tanooki »

Yes and no. They'd have to code up something to have it be able to handle the MSU1 chip created by byuu/SD2SNES group. If that information isn't public, I don't see it ever happening because it would be a lot of reverse engineering and research for minimal gain. Now if it was just something they could add in, give GPL credit for if needed, and go with it then sure why not considering the other screwy stuff it supports.

I don't see ever grabbing a SD2SNES for price reasons, plus my SNES is up due to the R5 so it wouldn't read it anyway so I would definitely throw a CD soundtrack and movies on a SD card with an IPS file to give it a go.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I hope FFV and FFVI get the same treatment. FFVI's orchestrated soundtrack is amazing.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

All three of them are, don't discount FF4 as it has some really emotional and uplifting tracks that match or exceed the other two.

I'd most definitely love to see someone lift the CD tracks of those games done symphony style and jam them into this environment.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

it would be great to have the Bit Brigade version of Mega Man 2's soundtrack somehow added to the NES rom. i know that's not feasibly possible with the tech regarding this, i'm just saying it would be cool.

maybe the Stemage soundtrack for Super Metroid.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
TheRetromancer
8-bit

Post by TheRetromancer »

aaron wrote:maybe the Stemage soundtrack for Super Metroid.

Yeah, we had a lot of fun working on the Zelda hack. Most of the original team is doing DKC2 right now (which is in a workable, if not perfect, stage), but I just finished up a Mega Man X MSU-1 audio pack yesterday (Jews get super-bored on Christmas, dontcha know).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q9wvq ... _Patch.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ksb2 ... mplete.rar

Kudos to Michaël Larouche for the vast majority of the coding on this project; I'm just the audio guy. I know there are a few volume issues, but I'm trying to get feedback on this (seeing as I'm currently sick of the game after playtesting it for hours yesterday), so let me know what you think.

I'm already starting to create audio for a future Secret of Mana MSU-1 hack, but Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI (along with MMX2 and X3) are definitely on my hit-list as well.

Also, even though it gets a lot of flak, Secret of Evermore. I, for one, happen to love that game.

I'm not a huge Metroid fan, but I'm pretty sure it'll get done someday - there's already a complete reorchestrated OST for the game swimming out there in the murky waters of the 'Net.
Code is sacred to programmers - Krikzz' stuff is the holy grail. It's literally like asking if you can stick your finger up the Pope's arse.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

This is something I've always liked about Sega having so many ports back in the day between the Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, 32x I guess, etc, because of the musical differences. Games like Earthworm Jim, or Ecco the Dolphin, Sonic 3D Blast... etc, it's cool to experience them with different soundtracks.
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

TheRetromancer wrote:Everything you just said

That's awesome to hear man! Thanks for all your efforts. And yes, Super Metroid please!
Weekend shmupper
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Completely missed TheRetromancer's post right above mine heh... awesome! Any chance you can get these OST's on youtube?
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

Actually, for the Super Metroid one, you should use those heavy metal soundtracks you hear on the interwebs.
Weekend shmupper
TheRetromancer
8-bit

Post by TheRetromancer »

Nyukki wrote:Actually, for the Super Metroid one, you should use those heavy metal soundtracks you hear on the interwebs.

Uh, isn't most of the Super Metroid OST ambient music? I can't imagine that would translate well into heavy metal.
Code is sacred to programmers - Krikzz' stuff is the holy grail. It's literally like asking if you can stick your finger up the Pope's arse.