Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23019
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by dsheinem Sat May 10, 2014 12:52 pm

route20 wrote:Define useful criticism


Evidence that the claims made by Chris are patently untrue, informed analysis of why certain elements of the build were perhaps poor design choices and worth pause before buying, experiences with the machine itself, etc.
User avatar
route20
8-bit
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:30 am

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by route20 Sat May 10, 2014 12:54 pm

dsheinem wrote:
route20 wrote:Define useful criticism


Evidence that the claims made by Chris are patently untrue, informed analysis of why certain elements of the build were perhaps poor design choices and worth pause before buying, experiences with the machine itself, etc.


So, all things that can't be done without already having bought a unit? Brilliant!
User avatar
route20
8-bit
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:30 am

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by route20 Sat May 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Why do I feel like I'm arguing with the one guy who actually bought one of these things
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23019
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by dsheinem Sat May 10, 2014 12:57 pm

route20 wrote:Why do I feel like I'm arguing with the one guy who actually bought one of these things


Because, as you have amply demonstrated throughout this thread, you suck at reading comprehension.
User avatar
route20
8-bit
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:30 am

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by route20 Sat May 10, 2014 12:59 pm

dsheinem wrote:
route20 wrote:Why do I feel like I'm arguing with the one guy who actually bought one of these things


Because, as you have amply demonstrated throughout this thread, you suck at reading comprehension.



Oh dude don't stop there keep going, how do you really feel

EDIT: Still waiting to be banned for possibly making the CEO of Analogue feel bad

just do it already please I'm hungry
Last edited by route20 on Sat May 10, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purkeynator
64-bit
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by Purkeynator Sat May 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Can someone please swing the ban hammer on the new troll? Not used to this level of vile spewing on this site.
User avatar
route20
8-bit
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:30 am

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by route20 Sat May 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Purkeynator wrote:Can someone please swing the ban hammer on the new troll? Not used to this level of vile spewing on this site.


Seriously, I've been so awful.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTyN-vvFIkE
User avatar
MrPopo
Moderator
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by MrPopo Sat May 10, 2014 1:51 pm

On the one hand, he's clearly a jackass who has no plans to be a part of the community, so there's no reason to keep him around. On the other hand, it's kind of funny seeing him cherry pick statements and crying out "I'm just an honest consumer, someone think of the children!"
Image
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
User avatar
route20
8-bit
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:30 am

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by route20 Sat May 10, 2014 1:56 pm

MrPopo wrote:On the one hand, he's clearly a jackass who has no plans to be a part of the community, so there's no reason to keep him around. On the other hand, it's kind of funny seeing him cherry pick statements and crying out "I'm just an honest consumer, someone think of the children!"


If you think I'm something other than an honest consumer, please elaborate! Are you suggesting I have some sort of personal vendetta against Chris beyond my skepticism of his products?
User avatar
MrPopo
Moderator
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by MrPopo Sat May 10, 2014 2:03 pm

route20 wrote:
MrPopo wrote:On the one hand, he's clearly a jackass who has no plans to be a part of the community, so there's no reason to keep him around. On the other hand, it's kind of funny seeing him cherry pick statements and crying out "I'm just an honest consumer, someone think of the children!"


If you think I'm something other than an honest consumer, please elaborate! Are you suggesting I have some sort of personal vendetta against Chris beyond my skepticism of his products?

I'm going to say yes, with my evidence being every single post you've made. And you've disappointed me with your response; it's like you tried to start a completely new conversation without taking into account the long discussion you had with dsh, which includes him accusing you of your vendetta. You've stopped being entertaining which just leaves you as an ass, so I'll be showing you the door.
Image
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Return to Old-School Gaming News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest