Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
route20
8-bit

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

by route20 Sat May 10, 2014 9:37 am

:lol:

EDIT: If you guys really want me to add other problems I have with it besides the ones you find stupid, sure. A big one I have is the verbiage used to describe it on the website, as if this is some miraculous thing that's never been done before and is the only way to properly play NES games. If you guys are so blinded by your tight bond with Chris to not see how absurd it all looks, that's on you. I'll be on the other forums having a great time poking fun at products designed to fleece our community. Live a little, guys.
Last edited by route20 on Sat May 10, 2014 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat May 10, 2014 9:43 am

If they're well made cables and decent length, $29 seems fair, honestly. Lines up with the cost of most RGB cables I've picked up.
route20
8-bit

by route20 Sat May 10, 2014 9:47 am

AppleQueso wrote:If they're well made cables and decent length, $29 seems fair, honestly. Lines up with the cost of most RGB cables I've picked up.

I have never paid $29 for an RGB cable in my life, but I'll take your word for it. Do you also pay $29 for these?

AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat May 10, 2014 9:49 am

Granted, for $29 I'd be expected a DAMN good RGB cable, but many of mine have been around the $20 range, not including shipping. I could certainly see it.

No, I wouldn't spend $29 on an s-video cable.
route20
8-bit

by route20 Sat May 10, 2014 9:56 am

AppleQueso wrote:Granted, for $29 I'd be expected a DAMN good RGB cable, but many of mine have been around the $20 range, not including shipping. I could certainly see it.

No, I wouldn't spend $29 on an s-video cable.

Do you think that, when having the sack to ask $29 for any type of cable, there should be some text justifying it? As in, what makes the cable worth that much? I obviously don't mean that it should be required by law or something, just, personally would you buy a cable for that price, from anybody, that just listed [name of cable][insane price], without even a photo?

This sort of thing is why I have misgivings about the product, the company, Chris's business practices, etc. The prices are high but the detail is very low and, if you know about this sort of thing, pretty misleading. Which makes me wonder, who is going to pay $500 for an NES besides people who know what the deal is?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat May 10, 2014 10:20 am

Company that specializes in specialty high-end consumer electronics sells cables at inflated prices. News at 11.

FOAD already with your bullshit skepticism.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Sat May 10, 2014 10:27 am

route20 wrote:Image
:lol:

EDIT: If you guys really want me to add other problems I have with it besides the ones you find stupid, sure. A big one I have is the verbiage used to describe it on the website, as if this is some miraculous thing that's never been done before and is the only way to properly play NES games. If you guys are so blinded by your tight bond with Chris to not see how absurd it all looks, that's on you. I'll be on the other forums having a great time poking fun at products designed to fleece our community. Live a little, guys.

Most of us do not know Chris outside of his AI ventures, atleast I don't.

And again, he is describing the product he is selling as something really awesome? No shit, you don't say?

I dont think I will truly live until I can bash some guy who is making modded consoles about his cable prices. I shall have to add that to my bucket list.
route20
8-bit

by route20 Sat May 10, 2014 10:33 am

dsheinem wrote:Company that specializes in specialty high-end consumer electronics sells cables at inflated prices. News at 11.

Hey mind explaining what makes it high end?

EDIT: Why does this forum have such a problem with questioning the motives of people trying to sell them stuff? Isn't that what good consumers do?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat May 10, 2014 10:42 am

route20 wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Company that specializes in specialty high-end consumer electronics sells cables at inflated prices. News at 11.

The fact that they are custom units that are hand made and assembled, for starters. The fact that they output much higher-end audio and video for 30 year old video games than their original systems, for another.

I think what you fail to grasp is that this is a specialty product for a specialty audience, being sold at prices that are found in similar kinds of products across the audiophile/videophile spectrum. A closer analogy that is game related might be MAME cabs: no company that sells MAME cabinets does so at cost or even close, instead they are charging for hours of labor and a professional build with (hopefully) good components.

It is insulting that you'd come in here just to bash something that you have no intention of buying and that you clearly don't understand is a product being sold to make profit for those involved in its creation. (And, for the record, I don't plan to buy one either.) Your endless bitching for shits and giggles isn't the kind of thing that we really like on this forum, regardless of who or what it is about. If you have any intention of staying, you should know that now. If your only reason for being here is just to chime in on this product with stupid fucking "arguments" than please see yourself out before, perhaps, someone does it for you.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Sat May 10, 2014 10:45 am

route20 wrote:

EDIT: Why does this forum have such a problem with questioning the motives of people trying to sell them stuff? Isn't that what good consumers do?

His motives are to make an item, sell it, and make profit, just like every other person or company selling something. We as consumers decide if the item is worth the price. Many of us, including me, won't spend $500 om something that plays NES/FC games. That being said, you make your personal decision and buy or dont buy, or ask questions if on the fence to learn more.
You arent tryng to ask questions to become informed, you are on here trying to bash his services in the guise of wanting to become informed by asking questions. What other secret or devious motives does he have?
Return to Old-School Gaming News