Ultimate NES replacement?

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

Post by dsheinem »

Luke wrote:
Zing wrote:There is an ignore function on this site. It can work wonders.

I love you guys too much to ignore any of your posts.

I was wondering who he ignores, and if it is me.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Who are we talking about?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

mjmjr25 wrote:...and they were? I'm not watching a 14-minute video...

It's funny cuz I generally won't watch any game videos if they're SHORTER than 20 mins haha.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

noiseredux wrote:

It's funny cuz I generally won't watch any game videos if they're SHORTER than 20 mins haha.

See, that's fine for gameplay videos. But when you're trying to convey some information/a rant then you should give me a text copy; I can read it MUCH faster than you'll go in your video.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo wrote:
noiseredux wrote:

See, that's fine for gameplay videos. But when you're trying to convey some information/a rant then you should give me a text copy; I can read it MUCH faster than you'll go in your video.

oh agreed. I'd much rather read about a game than watch it. But when in the mood to watch about a game, I want to watch a nice in depth video instead of a five minute vid and then picking another. Meh.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

yo this thread got real cool when i was stuck in rural indiana over the weekend with very limited network access, cellular or otherwise.

i would completely buy one of these if i were rich. i suffered from some sticker shock when i saw the prices for everything but it's whatever, i get why you're charging what you're charging now, after you took the time to explain.

but, also we have to consider that FUCK YOU CHRIS, YOU FAMICOM-MURDERING DICK FOR BRAINS SHITHEAD CEO SCAMMER FUCK!!!
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Viewpoint

Post by Viewpoint »

I've not been here for a long, long, time. My only issue with chris was the huge amount of dodging questions when asked about it on ng.com if the Nt was saccing original famicom parts to make it.

He was approached about that question multiple times and he ignored it over & over while still trying to hype people up about the system. The cost simply for me is way too high for what he's asking for.

A core system with no cables/controllers for $500.00? That's a bit outragous but if someone wants to pay that much for something which could be easily done at a fraction of the cost then more power to them.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

mjmjr25 wrote:Who are we talking about?

I have no idea. I have everyone blocked here except you mods because you can't block them. Can you guys block each other?
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Doesn't the Retron 5 kind of kill this? Too me this thing is pointless.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

wclem wrote:Doesn't the Retron 5 kind of kill this? Too me this thing is pointless.

Makes NES games look amazing, I'll give it that.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.