Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Ann Arbor, MI Pinball Petes flooded

by skate323k137 Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:10 pm

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/ind ... petes.html

Water main break :( At least more than likely the pinballs will be OK but the wooden cabs might take quite a hit.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Ann Arbor, MI Pinball Petes flooded

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:16 pm

noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Why do bad things have to happen to good arcade machines!? I guess I will just have to stay around Marvin's here in Farmington Hills. They added one of those fancy shmancy million arcade games in one machine, so I can at least play me some samurai shodown!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

by skate323k137 Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Definitely sad. Poor old Jeff will have some repair work to do to say the least.

I have a few cabs at my place if you're ever in the greater lansing area. I'm considering letting a few racketboy members (yourself included) come by some time this spring.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:14 pm

this thread should merged with this one: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45540
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:31 pm

skate323k137 wrote:Definitely sad. Poor old Jeff will have some repair work to do to say the least.

I have a few cabs at my place if you're ever in the greater lansing area. I'm considering letting a few racketboy members (yourself included) come by some time this spring.

That would be awesome! Keep me informed on what is going on! And the other thread should be merged with this one since this one was posted first.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:51 pm

This is terrible news. Carts and disks can be easily replaced. Pins are another story.

I think I'm going to go hug my pins now.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:58 pm

It was still closed as of this week. It looked like there was around 2 inches or so of standing water from what I've heard. Let's hope that none of the circuitry was ruined.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:03 pm

I hope things aren't too damaged...you would have to think that even if the circuitry is ok, the cabinets aren't. All that water can't be good for it.

Keep me informed on this, cause I really want to get back to Pinball Pete's sometime..maybe for another michigan meetup!?

Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:15 pm

For sure I will. I really hope the Daytona USA cabinets are good along with the MVS'. I think our next meetup should be Marvelous Marvin's though!
skate323k137
Next-Gen

by skate323k137 Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:07 pm

I was just at Marvins a couple weekends ago. My GF had never been, and she loved the place. Such an awesome experience every time.

Not sure if I'd want to have a forum meetup there though, it's kinda cramped and not too many 2p games (and a complete lack of fighters).

If everything goes well, I'll have a 4th cab in a couple months. I'd be willing to host a handfull of people at that point, seeing as I'd have 4 cabs and one or 2 superguns, along with tons of console stuff and extra monitors.
Return to Old-School Gaming News