Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Pat the NES Punk at Magfest

by Hazerd Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Video of him and some other collectors talking about the current state of game value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0x1-dZ9BM0
Final Form

Re: Pat the NES Punk at Magfest

by Final Form Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Interesting video. It's hard to believe what some people try to get away with on eBay. I saw a VGA graded Metal Gear Solid for PS1 today priced at $500.

I think they had a great point about trading with friends and getting to know people who collect games elsewhere. You would think it would get competitive when you and your friends are all looking for the same things, but in my experience it's a big help. Whenever I get a double of something, I'll pass it on or trade it to a friend if I know he doesn't have it. Later, they'll do the same for me and now we both have some new games to play in our collections.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Re: Pat the NES Punk at Magfest

by IrishNinja Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:01 am

^agreed on all of that; i've done far better going in with friends on garage sales/craigslist/online deals & such, and we manage to share needed things as well. it helps having a short list of white whales/obscure stuff everyone's looking for as well, and of course doing your best to avoid resellers (or the perception of being one, heh).

will watch the video later, not a big fan of many YT personalities but it might be interesting nonetheless.
Return to Old-School Gaming News