Ghosts 'N Goblins - Demon World

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
msingleton1977

Re: Ghosts 'N Goblins - Demon World

Post by msingleton1977 »

GSZX1337 wrote:
Sload Soap wrote:I wish you luck with this project Monty, but I just can't see Capcom going in for it.

Well, there is that Blizzard approved mod that got Kickstarted recently.

Exactly. Personally, I think we are going to see a lot more of this, and probably major studios start encouraging this. Take a look at the bankruptcies over the past decade:

Data East: 2003
Acclaim: 2004
Bally/Midway: 2009
Atari: 2013

The major publishing studios get a game built for the fans, by the fans, with no financial risk. If they don't like it, they can shut the project down at any time as it's still their IP. They can easily access a list of their biggest fans without a major marketing campaign.

If I was a major studio, I would *love* to see the fans doing this. It's all upside as they still remain in control of their IP. Kickstarter is a very unique tool that's perfect for doing this.

Monty
Last edited by msingleton1977 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msingleton1977

Post by msingleton1977 »

noiseredux wrote:I was going to suggest talking to the SFxMM guys as well. That game was really fun, and it was cool that Capcom published it.

This is yet another reason why I think if we can build an amazing game, this will happen.

Monty
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

Hey Monty,

Just keep doing your thing. If it's a hit then sweet, if not then at least you tried. Good luck dude!

Edit: Read this thread just as I got into work and now really wanna play some Ghosts and Goblins...