WELL THIS IS INTERESTING.. Retron 5

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Mattygodd
8-bit

Re: WELL THIS IS INTERESTING.. Retron 5

Post by Mattygodd »

BoneSnapDeez wrote: So, suppose you play an hour of Chrono Trigger on the SNES. Then you switch to the Retron 5. Your save is imported and you continue playing on the R5 and beat the game. If you switch back to a SNES you will still have your original one-hour save, not the R5 save - unless you elect to dump your R5 save data back into your cart, which you totally can do. enhanced save capabilities.

I did not know you could save file states back to the cart! Is there a 'how to' page somewhere?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

There's no reason to need a how to.

It's under the marked area for saves -- says copy cart to R5 and next to it says copy R5 to cart (or something similar to that...I sold mine off.) It's a perfect way to keep many saves or even purge saves off a game without popping off a battery. You can flash a black save from the R5 back to the cart and wipe it out if you're looking to sell or start fresh.
Mattygodd
8-bit

Post by Mattygodd »

Well I have never noticed that. Cheers for the How to guide ;)
R9delta
8-bit

Post by R9delta »

For anyone that is interested in the final complete version of Star Fox 2 as it's been released on the SNES Classic Edition, these patches should be of interest to Retron 5 owners:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vg14lc ... _2%2C_etc..)
R9delta
8-bit

Post by R9delta »

For anyone that still uses my patches:

I've come to find out due to many users on here and other places like Reddit that many of patches have gotten removed by mediafire thanks to Nintendo. Pretty much anything that's gotten hit has been related to a game published by them. Due to this and the fact that there hasn't really been a request for a patch that needed to be fixed to work on the Retron 5 in quite some time (just requests to reupload or a related question) I feel it's time I just provide a single zip with every patch i've done myself or fixed to work on the Retron 5/Retro Freak. Eventually I'll find a new host but I've thought about taking a break from maintaining this for awhile. I just really haven't had the time. Anyway those things aside you can now find a single zip of all the patches available here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wc4987zhe ... -18%29.zip

New patches added as of 01-03-18:
-Super Mario Land 2 DX (Apply to SML2 US/EU v1.0)
-Super Famicom Wars (Super Mario World US v1.0 to Super Famicom Wars Conversion patch)
-Princess Minerva
-Breath of Fire (JPN v1.1) to (US)
Last edited by R9delta on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Groovy Followup, R9! I think it's cool that you took the time to re-upload these patches following the takedown from the big N. You're the man! I'm going to download this in case I need it in the future.

Speaking of the future, have a happy New Year, R9!