Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Flashback Origins (Flashback HD remake) XBLA | PSN | Steam

Post by MrHealthy »

Flashback Origins released on XBLA, PSN and PC (Steam) and maybe Wii U
And will be published by Ubisoft
1:10 p.m. | January 22, 2013 | 39

Well, you already know by the title and subtitle of this news. According to one of our colleagues , who do not wish to remain anonymous, Flashback Origins out well on XBLA, PSN and PC (Steam) or Wii U (eShop). This seems very logical, you will agree.

And more than stupid and evil remake, we also learn that besides the original architecture, resume, all levels as well as the character animations (the strong point at the time) were completely redone, so although it should resemble a game totally "new". Even for those who have never played so.

Icing on the cheesecake, if we know that this is the studio of Paul Cuisset VectorCell develops the title, this is Ubisoft , definitely still in good shots, which publish.

We approached it possible for confirmation and are currently waiting for an Indian confirmation.

Recall that we issued yesterday, the very first official image of the game, WORLD exclusive. Are you jealous?

Google Translated from: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/33332-flash ... -voire-wii

I dunno about this. I never played the original, but it looks like they are going to be changing a lot.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Flashback Origins (Flashback HD remake) XBLA | PSN | Ste

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I'm worried, since Vector Cell is making it... and so far the only thing they've made is Amy. We all know how that turned out. :x
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Eh, consider me perplexed... but yeah both this and Another World shouldn't be touched because they still look great and unique to this day. Was a big fan of games like these, even down to the weird stiff controls. You had to carefully plan out everything and your jumps or you were done for.
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

It has my curiosity, at least. I really liked the original Flashback back in the day, though I never finished it. I've been waiting for the game to pop up on GOG so I could return to it, but to no avail. I assumed the game's rights were in a legal limbo, but I guess not if this is now coming out.

The new graphics don't really impress me, the original's had this great charm to them.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

I'm going to call it now, this game it's going to copy Shadow Complex and Bionic Commando Rearmed.

Doesn't mean I'm not interested though, but still I just have this feeling...
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

I'll give it a try, Flashback was one of my favorite games on the SNES and PC.
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

my goodness how am I just hearing of this. Flashback is one of my all time favorite games.

The screenshot makes me worry though. Don't reinvent the game, just update it for modern screen sizes and make the graphics crisper :(

I'm almost certain that Conrad won't be as fun to control....

on another note I've just learned of onEscapee which appears to be the spiritual successor I so deeply desire.
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

deathsled wrote:my goodness how am I just hearing of this. Flashback is one of my all time favorite games.

The screenshot makes me worry though. Don't reinvent the game, just update it for modern screen sizes and make the graphics crisper :(

I'm almost certain that Conrad won't be as fun to control....

on another note I've just learned of onEscapee which appears to be the spiritual successor I so deeply desire.

Hmmm...OnEscapee looks interesting! Nice find!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

What looks vastly superior to this is the remake/alternative GBA game, that was sadly cancelled apparently. Guess there's a rom floating around but it still sounds incomplete and buggy. But I'll be damned, some insanely impressive sci-fi sprite work here:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/flashb ... shback.htm
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

i'm not feeling the designed graphics on this one....i like the original much better. They could had at least made that HD.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here