Complete CIB SNES collection on eBay

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Complete CIB SNES collection on eBay

Post by dsheinem »

Gunstar Green wrote:Considering they're all complete and some of them are pretty rare it probably averages out to be pretty close. Then again like any console a lot of the games are junk so I don't know.

they actually aren't all CIB - some manuals are missing for some of the rarer titles...

if we grant there's $2000-3000 worth of rare stuff, is the rest worth $20K or more?

I honestly don't know much about the SNES cib market
crux
128-bit

Post by crux »

There's no way it averages out to $35 a game, but one is also paying for convenience here. The amount of time it takes to find and collect 721 games with their original box and manual (84%, anyway) is immense. As they say, time is money.
HansKisaragi

Post by HansKisaragi »

He spent around 3 years on it.. He said he does not want to charge ridicules prices for the set so we set a fair price
XBL/PSN/Twitter/Instagram: HansKisaragi
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

HansKisaragi wrote:
Gunstar Green wrote:The seller is apparently byuu of bsnes fame. He collected all of this to dump it and scan it and preserve it for the future

He's now selling it all off because that's the only reason he needed it.

He wants to use the money to buy PAL/JP sets and do the same again. 8)

Wow, that's very commendable.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

[url="http://byuu.org/"]Byuu Homepage[/url]

This set represents three years of effort. From scouring every used game store in my home state, to bartering purchases from dozens of vendors online, to enlisting the help of everyone willing to search around their areas to find things for me, to donations of items that are impossible to find for sale anywhere, to hundreds upon hundreds of hours cleaning and polishing everything.

Holy. Shit. Byuu is one mad collector. I respected the dude for making one of if not the best emulators out there. But now, that respect's been kicked up a notch. Hell, make that two notches. Also, does anyone know what Byuu does for a living to be able to afford to purchase all those games in such a short time? Also, does he offer career advice? :D
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
crux
128-bit

Post by crux »

bsnes is without a doubt the best console emulator. SNES is now the only system I own I'd consider (key word there) letting my collection retire thanks to byuu's efforts (and getting a SD2SNES would help).

I really hope other people champion byuu's cause and repeat his efforts for other, more obscure consoles. It might take decades or even centuries, but all the games we put in our consoles will fail some day. Accuracy in emulation is of paramount importance for the future of retro gaming.

/soapbox
darkNiGHTS
8-bit

Post by darkNiGHTS »

If only we could see the offer prices! I wonder how much this is going to go for, that's a pretty crazy collection.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

crux wrote:I really hope other people champion byuu's cause and repeat his efforts for other, more obscure consoles. It might take decades or even centuries, but all the games we put in our consoles will fail some day. Accuracy in emulation is of paramount importance for the future of retro gaming.

/soapbox

Correct. And IMO, Saturn is the console most in need of an accurate emulator + complete database of ROMs.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

197 offers as of this post.
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

Damn that is a lot of games. He must have cash to burn if it only took him three years to collect all of that. I wonder what the rest of his game collection must look like.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?