Arma3 developers take pics of military base, going to court

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Arma3 developers take pics of military base, going to court

Post by Erik_Twice »

Arma 3 is supposed to take place on a Greek island, so the team thought it was a good idea to send people to take pictures of military bases. They also thought it would be a good idea to claim they were on "holiday" and are now trying to get an online petition running so they don't go to court.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... p#comments

Dumb, dumb, dumb, if you ask me.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Arma3 developers take pics of military base, going to co

Post by BoringSupreez »

Instead, they should have hired someone who used to work on that island base as an adviser to the development team like most FPS developers do.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Arma3 developers take pics of military base, going to co

Post by ZeroAX »

Ok this is infuriating. Not even going to comment on all the "Greece should let them free cause it's broke and we support them so we own them" hate comments, but apparently they broke the law in a serious way (funny how people don't realize that if they did that at an American base near a potential battlefield, like let's say oh...the boarder with Iran, they'd be in Guantanamo bay instead of just prison) their company is lying through their TEETH (yeaaaah suuuuure they were on holiday by themselves on the island (which isn't even a touristic island) they were designing a game around and just happened to "take those images by mistake") and now I see some wonderful comments like "boycott the country for this". Yes cause obviously when I GO abroad, I break ALL the minor laws and expect to be left off the hook for being an ignorant tourist.

I'm not saying they deserve to rot in prison, but if they are not telling the truth to the judge they are committing a double crime (false testifying) and to me this all seems like a excuse by Bohemian Interactive cause it's afraid it will have to change its game assets which will cost money to do. How about a petition to get Bohemian Interactive to come clean so its employees can get out of jail? (also for all the gamers who care about this, do they care the same about how the employees in the foxconn factories that make their gaming hardware (pc or console) are treated? probably not).

If they come clean, they will be left free and Bohemian will just have to fix the game.

Also apparently a Greek fan warned them to not take pictures of the base but they didn't listen to him, but since the forum thread got deleted my only source for that are the comment sections.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.