Kickstarter for Cheetah Men 2 the Lost Levels

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
sbk
64-bit

Kickstarter for Cheetah Men 2 the Lost Levels

Post by sbk »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/343248998/cheetahmen-ii-the-lost-levels

This seems like it has awesome prizes for the $60 buy in. I am all over it. Also the video is funny as hell with The Game Chasers and AVGN. Who else is in?
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: Kickstarter for Cheetah Men 2 the Lost Levels

Post by TEKTORO »

I think we should have a dedicated Kickstarter Gaming thread, since many of these projects are inspiring and I would hate to miss out on supporting something I believe in.

I've never looked into Cheetah Men but supporting stuff like this should damper the current trend of BS coming from the modern gaming generation. Devs and Pubs play it too safe for the sake of making money for themselves I hardly feel theres anything being made anymore for gamers and its more of lets take their money and run now'a days. :x

$60 down on cheetah men for me please. :)
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

TEKTORO wrote:I think we should have a dedicated Kickstarter Gaming thread, since many of these projects are inspiring and I would hate to miss out on supporting something I believe in.

I've never looked into Cheetah Men but supporting stuff like this should damper the current trend of BS coming from the modern gaming generation. Devs and Pubs play it too safe for the sake of making money for themselves I hardly feel theres anything being made anymore for gamers and its more of lets take their money and run now'a days. :x

$60 down on cheetah men for me please. :)

If you don't know anything about Cheetahmen you'd better look what you're getting into before putting cash down.
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

The game is terrible...I don't get why people would want to own anything related to this or why they would pay upfront for it.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I have unusual taste, and I would do it more from a support the cause/collector pov. I havent dropped the $60 yet, but if theres a message to be heard I rather throw money away on a why the hell not, than $60 on "the latest and greatest in lies". Not to mention your talking to a guy who has been trying to play (not even beat) Deadly Towers for the last 20+ years. :lol:
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

I though about seeing if we could start one with Capcom's permission and see if we could reach $5 million if they would release all Resident Evil 2 Alphas and betas including all 1.5 stuff.

I am talking full on box set release. This could help kick-start the production and show interest

I don't think they would go for it but ya never know.
sbk
64-bit

Post by sbk »

The thing I like about kickstarter is because it makes you put your money where you mouth is. Oh you want something? Show me.
Duke.Togo
128-bit

Post by Duke.Togo »

Honestly, I hope this starts a trend. I like getting new games for my classic consoles, and Kickstarter seems like the right model to make it happen. I threw my $60 in for Cheetahmen II, so I hope it hits its goal.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

Why does he need so much money just to add a couple levels?
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

I don't know, this is why I dislike Kickstarter as much as I like it.

Ok so he is going to add some levels to a terrible NES game and release it for collectors. This idea requires little to no money up front and especially since the product is mostly finished. He could finish it and then like any other homebrew producer let someone like...oh I don't know....what is that company that releases Homebrew games for the NES all the damn time...oh RETROZONE and then it is done.

Kickstarter is becoming too much of a reason for people to raise money before they even work.

I also still just don't understand this one. Releasing a homebrew game or making a reproduction for a rare but awesome game is one thing but this is an awful broken game. This just feels like some guy trying to profit off something he has to do little work for and collectors to hit some sort of weird status quo.