A couple of free games from me

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
saimo
8-bit

Re: A couple of free games from me

Post by saimo »

noiseredux wrote:actually I think that dude's a spammer saimo. I think he's just rambling as a means of having his little gadget shop linked somewhere.

Ah, could be.

now back on topic, I hate to sound like a cliche of myself but have you thought of porting either of these to GBA?

No, I haven't. And, if I had, the answer would have been "no" - sorry - because the amount of work required would be huge (increased noticeably also by the fact that I don't know the platform from a technical point of view). Honestly, if I had that time and energies, I'd spend them on new projects, since I have many ideas (which, for the moment being and who knows for how long, are frozen) :wink:

(What language did you code them in? C/C++ ?)

KOG is written in C. QUOD INIT EXIT is written in BASIC, but using a special framework of mine written in C.
saimo
8-bit

Post by saimo »

Hi all,

sorry for necroposting, but I just want to inform you that I updated QUOD INIT EXIT a few times since last time: the game is now at v1.4 and includes lots of improvements. Get it from http://csdb.dk/release/?id=121371 and enjoy!

Samantha

Post by Samantha »

yeh thanks saimo­ for sharing :!: I enjoy playing KOG also :)
saimo
8-bit

Post by saimo »

My pleasure!
BTW: if you downloaded KOG a long time ago, please downloaded it again because I have recently-ishly updated it. Chances are that I'll release another update before the end of the year (no promises, though).
saimo
8-bit

Post by saimo »

Thanks for letting me know :)
BTW, I will release a new free game for the C64 shortly - if you're curious, I've been posting some information here: http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54890
saimo
8-bit

Post by saimo »

It looks like this thread needs an update...

since the last time, I have released an updated version of QUOD INIT EXIT (one of the C64 games mentioned above), MAH (a brand-new C64 game), an updated version of Huenison (a neo-retro game for AmigaOS and Windows), and, earlier this week, QUOD INIT EXIT IIm - a scrolling platformer of a kind that had never seen before on the C64 ;)

If you feel like having a look, here's the website ;-)
saimo
8-bit

Post by saimo »

A quick update after a looong time...

Both KOG and QUOD INIT EXIT were updated again. KOG was actually almost entirely re-created - in fact, it looks and sounds radically different, although the gameplay concepts remained; QUOD INIT EXIT received several updates that made it better and better (and is now available also as a package that allows to install and play it as if it were a native Windows application - that is achieved through the VICE C64 emulator).
MAH was reworked as well, but since I have invested 10 more months on it (for a total of almost 2 years of development) and since the game has become so much bigger and better, it is no longer available for free, and will be released commercially soon-ish (both as a digital download and as a physical product).

KOG

QUOD INIT EXIT