Magfest!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Cronson
64-bit

Magfest!

Post by Cronson »

Omg that awesome! Had such an amazing time today! Anyone else go/have any good stories?
KholdStare
128-bit

Re: Magfest!

Post by KholdStare »

MEEEE! I was thur. I stayed for 3 days, best time of my life. Best arcade cabinets, best consoles it was amazing man. They had some good ass shows too. Im stoked for next year.
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

Anyone get pics?
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

Yes, pics. All my ppl forgot their cameras, too busy playing games or too drunk to bother with taking any good shots of the arcade area for me.

Was it KholdStare that I met? Good taking with you, too bad I never got up with any more RB members.
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Majors, do you want good shots of your stuff at Animazement? I should be there (either fantable or dealer) and Ill bring a fancy camera if you need them.
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

Yeah, it was a great time. I was shocked how much retro stuff they had. We should organize next year and bring in our retro gear. I'm tempted to rent a room and open it up for people to hang out and game.
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

I played Tetris Plus for like 3 hours straight on a Saturn while I was there. I'm wondering if next year people would want to do some sort of marathon of a particular game. I see everyone there playing the newer stuff on projectors with tournaments going on but I want to do something more retro; like a Bomberman or Super Spike V Ball tourney.
KholdStare
128-bit

Post by KholdStare »

Majors wrote:Yes, pics. All my ppl forgot their cameras, too busy playing games or too drunk to bother with taking any good shots of the arcade area for me.

Was it KholdStare that I met? Good taking with you, too bad I never got up with any more RB members.

Yeah, t'was me. And like wise. Sadly, I didn't bring my camera because I had forgotten all about it : (
And HAHA I played Teteris Plus on the Saturn, damn I wished they would've put something else in like Panzer Dragoon or some shit. Alot of games though, I wouldn't have expected them to be playing i.e super mario world, donkey kong country, sonic 3, I thought they would've had more competitor stuff but oh well it was still cool. I dunno who took out Raiden and put Zool in the Jaguar, but damn them. DAMN THEM TO HELL!
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

KholdStare wrote:
Majors wrote:Yes, pics. All my ppl forgot their cameras, too busy playing games or too drunk to bother with taking any good shots of the arcade area for me.

Yeah, t'was me. And like wise. Sadly, I didn't bring my camera because I had forgotten all about it : (
And HAHA I played Teteris Plus on the Saturn, damn I wished they would've put something else in like Panzer Dragoon or some shit. Alot of games though, I wouldn't have expected them to be playing i.e super mario world, donkey kong country, sonic 3, I thought they would've had more competitor stuff but oh well it was still cool. I dunno who took out Raiden and put Zool in the Jaguar, but damn them. DAMN THEM TO HELL!

Hahahah! Sorry dude, that was me! I never played a Jaguar before so I switched out Raiden for Zool 2 to see if it was any good. I was sorely wrong.
KholdStare
128-bit

Post by KholdStare »

Cronson wrote:
KholdStare wrote:

Hahahah! Sorry dude, that was me! I never played a Jaguar before so I switched out Raiden for Zool 2 to see if it was any good. I was sorely wrong.

BAHAHA are you serious? Holy shit, what are the odds on that one? Damn that's funny! And it's all cool dude, I hope you enjoyed that big ass controller.