Magfest!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
meat
64-bit

Re: Magfest!

Post by meat »

soul_hacker wrote:If you saw some long-haired, loud douchebag with a camera saying "Tainted Reality" a lot, that was my friend. I wish I got to go this year, but some other things got in the way... again.

don't feel bad.i found out about magfest, last year on friday the day it started.this time family issue came up.but next year i am going.even if gas is 4$ a gallon.
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
Pat the NES Punk
8-bit

Post by Pat the NES Punk »

It was a blast! :)
Neither angry nor irate.

thepunkeffect.com
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

I'm bumping this again since Magfest X just got announced. It's at the Gaylord National (which is insane, it's sooo nice). I'd highly recommend preregistering now and booking a room. I had such an amazing time last year. I can't more highly recommend this con.
deadpixels
16-bit

Post by deadpixels »

Cronson wrote:I'm bumping this again since Magfest X just got announced. It's at the Gaylord National (which is insane, it's sooo nice). I'd highly recommend preregistering now and booking a room. I had such an amazing time last year. I can't more highly recommend this con.

Definitely hope I can make it, I'll have to figure a few things out. At least Temp Sound Solutions is playing for my sons birthday, so at least I'll be getting my game tune fix in some form if I can't make it.
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

:D going this year.i hope.can i bring a system?i want to play somebody in super spike v'ball
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

meat wrote::D going this year.i hope.can i bring a system?i want to play somebody in super spike v'ball

Haha, I was just thinking how fun some Super Spike V Ball would be! Wasn't it 4 player?
Jamisonia
128-bit

Post by Jamisonia »

I live in the area, and I went to Magfest last year, but could they pick a more expensive place to do this? Parking was a major issue last year, so they decided to do it in an extremely tow happy and expensive part of area, plus Fort Washington is nowhere near any cheap eats. Its a very high end and expensive area, very inaccessible by public transit. The people who put this think together don't think about things like this.
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

Jamisonia wrote:The people who put this think together don't think about things like this.

Did you goto the early MAG's when it was in Charlottesville or Alexandria? Parking was cheap then but it was also 1/5th the size.

I was taken aback by the choice of venue also. The Gaylord (oh, the JOKES!!!) is fancy pants for sure, but the space allows MAG to be open 24 hours. I have no idea how MAGFest got the contract..."Yeah, 3000 plus nerds are gonna trash your place and make a lot of racket for 4 days, were do I sign?". Must be a slow time for conventions.

As for money, standard con going rules apply: room/ride share and bring a cooler full of eats (or in my case, beer).
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

Cronson wrote:
meat wrote::D going this year.i hope.can i bring a system?i want to play somebody in super spike v'ball

Haha, I was just thinking how fun some Super Spike V Ball would be! Wasn't it 4 player?

yup its 4 player.i am bringing my gamecube modded with a sd media launcher.got NES,SNES,sega and tg 16.even got adapters that let u use snes pads. :twisted:
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

meat wrote:
Cronson wrote:

Last edited by meat on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1