Classic Home Video Games 1985-1988 - NOW AVAILABLE!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Zeonik Freak
64-bit

Re: Classic Home Video Games 1985-1988 - NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by Zeonik Freak »

ColecoVisionist wrote:<<<Are you planning '89-'94, '95-'98 and '99-'05 editions as well?>>>

Right now I'm working on the next book, which will cover the Genesis, TurboGrafx, and Neo Geo.

Are you going to get into the detail history of Sega at that time? We pretty much know what happend ( I had to do a report on it in school), but Sega was at its prime during that time, all thanks to Kalinske during that period.

Nice to know an author came about the Racketboy express, ive seen the first book on Amazon, i might get around to getting it, or probably this next one. I do happen to have every Sega system, so its going to be interesting what your say on that is...
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

ColecoVisionist wrote:<<<Are you planning '89-'94, '95-'98 and '99-'05 editions as well?>>>

Right now I'm working on the next book, which will cover the Genesis, TurboGrafx, and Neo Geo.
Awesome!!!! But... no Super Nintendo??? That was definitely in the same generation as these systems.
ColecoVisionist
8-bit

Post by ColecoVisionist »

Breetai wrote:

Awesome!!!! But... no Super Nintendo??? That was definitely in the same generation as these systems.

The SNES will be in the fourth book.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ColecoVisionist wrote:
Breetai wrote:

The SNES will be in the fourth book.

Good man. Acknowledging the SNES is so awesome it needs a book of its own.

Here's a question. Do you also talk about important import titles that never made it over here, such as the other Final Fantasies and Mother for the NES or the legion of Square titles on the SNES?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ColecoVisionist
8-bit

[quote=[/quote]
Good man. Acknowledging the SNES is so awesome it needs a book of its own.

Here's a question. Do you also talk about important import titles that never made it over here, such as the other Final Fantasies and Mother for the NES or the legion of Square titles on the SNES?[/quote]

I focus primarily on U.S. releases.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Welcome Brett. Looks like a great series. If you're covering all the games, is it more of a reference book, with capsule synopses, or is it more narrative/history?
ColecoVisionist
8-bit

RadarScope1 wrote:Welcome Brett. Looks like a great series. If you're covering all the games, is it more of a reference book, with capsule synopses, or is it more narrative/history?

There are lots of historical tidbits scattered throughout, but the focus is on the individual games. EVERY game for the NES, Master System, and Atari 7800 has a 125-185 or so write-up with gameplay info, editorial commentary, data, etc. So it's more toward the capsule synopses.

Thanks for asking!
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

I remember reading about this book in Video Game Collector Magazine! I'll check this out for sure!
ColecoVisionist
8-bit

Unleaded Logic wrote:I remember reading about this book in Video Game Collector Magazine! I'll check this out for sure!

Thanks!
ColecoVisionist
8-bit

Classic Home Video Games, 1985-1988 is now on sale for just $17.49. You can check it out here:
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Home-Vide ... pd_sim_b_1

As always, thanks for reading!