samurai shodown anthology release date

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Niode
Next-Gen

Re: samurai shodown anthology release date

Post by Niode »

baphomet_irl wrote: PS2/PS3 is definitely hands down the best 'standard' d-pad available this generation, and indeed the last generation too.

Pfft. Best of a bad bunch more like. The d-pad on the PS1 pad (Let's face it, the controller hasn't changed for 15 years now, which is a fucking disgrace, aside from the tacked on 'innovations'. (Innovations stolen from other companies)) was adequate at best. Form over function. I always hate the way on screen button icons for the d-pad mirror the d-pad on the controller on some Playstation games. They look like arrows when they are isolated so I always press the opposite direction to the one it wants. Epic design flaw.

I agree it's better than the 360's pad. However it's nowhere near a good d-pad and it's definitely not leagues ahead of the other controllers. The Classic controller for Wii has a miles better d-pad than the playstation controller.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

When compared to most other consoles, the PS2 controller is WAY better. I find the classic controller pad to be small and soft. Its great if you have lady sized hands though. But my large sausage fingers are too big for the classic d pad.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

corn619 wrote:When compared to most other consoles, the PS2 controller is WAY better. I find the classic controller pad to be small and soft. Its great if you have lady sized hands though. But my large sausage fingers are too big for the classic d pad.

Too big for the classic pad?! That d-pad is huge dude. You must be like Michael Jordan or something.

I'm pretty sure that the d-pad on the classic pad is bigger than the one on the SNES. Just eyeballing it now and I'd say that it was.

The d-pad on the PS1/2/3 pad is rubbish. I just don't know how anyone can prefer it.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

Niode wrote:
baphomet_irl wrote: PS2/PS3 is definitely hands down the best 'standard' d-pad available this generation, and indeed the last generation too.

I agree it's better than the 360's pad. However it's nowhere near a good d-pad and it's definitely not leagues ahead of the other controllers. The Classic controller for Wii has a miles better d-pad than the playstation controller.

yeh, but the Classic Controller is not a 'standard' (ie ships with the console pad) - having said that the d-pad on the Wiimote is the same but not many games use it sideways (I thought it was great in Paper Mario)
'In the end it didn't work out. It was tough, but those were great days and I've never met anybody who regretted buying a Dreamcast.'
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

Niode wrote:
corn619 wrote:When compared to most other consoles, the PS2 controller is WAY better. I find the classic controller pad to be small and soft. Its great if you have lady sized hands though. But my large sausage fingers are too big for the classic d pad.

Too big for the classic pad?! That d-pad is huge dude. You must be like Michael Jordan or something.

I'm pretty sure that the d-pad on the classic pad is bigger than the one on the SNES. Just eyeballing it now and I'd say that it was.

The d-pad on the PS1/2/3 pad is rubbish. I just don't know how anyone can prefer it.
I though you meant the Wiimote one that ships with the console. My bad, I never tried the classic controller.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I still need to pick up the SNK Anthology for PS2. That has the original SS on it. I'm not even familiar with the rest of the series. But I LOVE that new retro collections are still hitting PS2. My favorite console.
anosou
8-bit

Post by anosou »

After recently buying THIS on eBay for cheap I decided to stock up on all good fighting releases and stumbled upon this goldmine. Looks awesome so far.

Anyone know if it's released in Europe at the same date? Ignition's been pretty good at that so far but on the other hand the PAL versions are sometimes more buggy.. Also, progressive scan on the PS2 version? :o
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I am thinking of picking this up for the PS2 in the next few days - anyone get it yet? Impressions?