Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
bmoc
Next-Gen

New RetroTINK products

by bmoc Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:27 pm

RetroTINK announced some new products over the weekend. They have a Pro version of their classic RetroTINK-2X product that includes a component input and optional scanlines. The 2X-SCART is like the classic RetroTINK-2X but with a single SCART input and also a scanline feature. And finally, the COMP2RGB is a component to SCART transcoder.

https://www.retrotink.com/blog/we-re-back-for-2020-with-new-products

RetroTINK-2X Pro - $129.99
    Professional injection molded enclosure
    Inputs: Component, S-video, Composite (shared with the green jack)
    Output: HDMI
    Automatic format detection: NTSC, PAL, PAL-60, PAL-M*, NTSC-443* and SECAM*
    SCANLINE mode
    Adjustable comb filtering for Retro (notch) and Video (2-D comb)
    USB firmware upgrade capability - no special tools needed
    Note: includes microUSB cord for power. Due to the many different types of plugs, we don't include an AC adaptor. The 2X uses an advanced power supply filtering circuit and is tolerant of virtually any USB source. Best would be the port on your TV or display if you have one.

2X-SCART - $89.99
    Pick between professional injection molded or Special Edition Greg Collins 3D-printed enclosure
    SCANLINE mode
    USB firmware upgrade capbility - no special tools needed
    Full-sized HDMI port
    Plug-and-play operation: RGBs SCART in and HDMI output
    Note: includes microUSB cord for power. Due to the many different types of plugs, we don't include an AC adaptor. The 2X uses an advanced power supply filtering circuit and is tolerant of virtually any USB source. Best would be the port on your TV or display if you have one.

COMP2RGB - $74.99
    Injection molded enclosure
    Multi-format support: 240p/288p/480i/576i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
    Automatic switching between Rec. 601 and Rec. 709 conversion matricies depending on input resolution
    Includes microUSB cord. Due to the many different types of plugs, we don't include an AC adaptor. Use a clean, good quality USB power adaptor or the USB port on your TV or monitor, if possible.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: New RetroTINK products

by Sarge Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:05 pm

I find it frustrating that the 2X Pro hit right after I just got the original model, but looking at the features, I don't think it would bring me much beyond a nicer case. The scanlines make the image very dark, from my understanding.

I will say I'm very happy with the performance of my 2X. It's light years ahead of my TV's scaling of composite, for example, and S-Video looks very nice.
Return to Old-School Gaming News