Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

by nightrnr Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:16 am

Hmm, well I may just have to set up a PC for that then, or use an Xbox for my purposes, like I always intended for the few systems I mentioned. Dreamcast would be good too, but I'm overcomplicating it at this point.

Yeah, I better stay out of this. It's really not marketed at me. Yes, I have a nice collection of older games... but I've spent too much time and effort getting older systems to do my modern bidding; using obsolete tech and PC's for everything these new things claim to do.

A more streamlined Sega Saturn emulation might be the best potential for the Polymega, but I'm covered on that end (mentioned on other posts). I just can't trust Saturn gaming on anything but actual hardware.

If it does take off and it's worth it's weight, maybe I'll eventually get one to play with at a discounted or used price.
Damn them for making me want NGCD games though. You'd think PS2 Neo Geo ports would be enough for me.
...just another lost soul...
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

by bmoc Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:13 am

Polymega came out of their hole yesterday and announced their participation in a NESMaker contest on Twitter yesterday. I just hope they didn't see their shadow because that would mean we are in for 6 more weeks of development time. :wink:

In all seriousness, they are planning a big project update in March. https://twitter.com/polymegaHQ/status/1 ... 1198068736
Return to Old-School Gaming News