Page 1 of 4

Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:01 pm
by racketboy
Post your general discussion, progress, etc here
More info:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/together ... vania.html

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:04 pm
by Flak Beard
Sweet. I'm going to start this tonight as I slowly go into a sugar induced coma. See ya'll on the other side.

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:33 pm
by wilsona26
I keep dying trying to kill the Grim Reaper. :( Someday I'll beat him though. It's all the little sickles flying around that gets me. I once saw a video of some guy who killed him without getting hit or using any special weapons. I would pay that fellow 20$ just to beat that guy for me so then I could waste a few hours trying to kill dracula. My gaming skills arent what they used to be. I remember beating Mega Man 1-5 but playing them now makes my wrists hurt. No wonder so many punk kids beat me at games online nowadays.

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:02 am
by arion
It's been a while since i last played..but this time the grim reapah is going down :P

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:12 am
by RyaNtheSlayA
Flak Beard wrote:Sweet. I'm going to start this tonight as I slowly go into a sugar induced coma. See ya'll on the other side.


right there w/ you. NES emulator here i come!

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:31 am
by RackGaki
wilsona26 wrote:I keep dying trying to kill the Grim Reaper. :( Someday I'll beat him though. It's all the little sickles flying around that gets me. I once saw a video of some guy who killed him without getting hit or using any special weapons. I would pay that fellow 20$ just to beat that guy for me so then I could waste a few hours trying to kill dracula. My gaming skills arent what they used to be. I remember beating Mega Man 1-5 but playing them now makes my wrists hurt. No wonder so many punk kids beat me at games online nowadays.


I think part of the reason we suck (relatively speaking) is because we play more games and more genres than we used to, most likely. Most kids spent weeks or months with a game fifteen - twenty years ago, when that was all you had to play.

Now, I've bought two games this week and rented another two. Fat chance I'll ever dominate on any of them.

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:06 am
by MrPopo
Alright, time to swap out Castlevania 3 and put in Castlevania 1. Frustration commence!

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:08 am
by Lazer
I've had this game for months on the VC and I haven't gotten past Frankenstein yet. It's the little Igor guy that is the problem, really. My strategy has been "try to hit him so fast that he dies before me". Doesn't work. Igor bounces around and kicks my butt. I think I need the clock to stop Igor. Does that work?

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:07 am
by arion
Lazer wrote:I've had this game for months on the VC and I haven't gotten past Frankenstein yet. It's the little Igor guy that is the problem, really. My strategy has been "try to hit him so fast that he dies before me". Doesn't work. Igor bounces around and kicks my butt. I think I need the clock to stop Igor. Does that work?


I might have to replay this but i recall just avoiding igor as much as i could and try to concentrate on hitting Frankenstein either with the whip or whatever second weapon you can throw at him. Eventually i kinda got the hang of igor's pattern but i have only beaten them twice.

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:56 pm
by MrPopo
Man, those medusa heads are giving me bad flashbacks to the bats from Ninja Gaiden II.