Together Retro: Castlevania

Join in on our classic gaming club!
thecheeseeater

Re: Together Retro: Castlevania

Post by thecheeseeater »

I hate those mummy bosses, seems like you just gotta whip the hell out of em and hope they die first.
Edit: Now I can beat the whole game without dying. With the possible exception of Dracula's final form that I can't beat for the life of me. At least 50 tries and no beans. :(
Last edited by thecheeseeater on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

That reaper is so damn hard... Other than that the game is pretty fun, even for someone who never played it before, but oh, so hard...
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

thecheeseeater wrote:I hate those mummy bosses, seems like you just gotta whip the hell out of em and hope they die first.

Well like in the first level there is hidden food in one of the walls there. And you are right there really is no tactic to beating them but i usually duck when i attack so i can hit the snakes or ehm whatever it is they are attacking with..mummy wraps perhaps :D
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

I did it! I beat the reaper! Finally, that cross boomerang or whatever was a lifesaver, but it was still hard as hell. Now, on to Dracula, I wonder what he has in store for me...
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

Agggh it took me an hour to beat Dracula but I finally got him!

This was a nice old school gaming trip, I still love the music from these games!
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

I got him too! I actually think Dracula was somewhat easier than the reaper. It was a long, difficult fight, but at least he had a pattern you could memorize and his projectiles were more easily avoided than the damn scythes.

Anyway, good game, it's a classic for a reason. BTW, I ended up playing (and beating) Castlevania Chronicles for the PSX, a remake of a remake of Castlevania if I'm informed correctly, and it's a pretty good one too! The music in particular is awesome.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

beat this and am on Symphony of the Night
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Any of you guys ever play Circle of the Moon? It was the first GBA Castlevania, and probably the one I've sunk the most time into. Also, I really liked Lament of Innocence, even if it was pretty easy compared to some of the others in the series.
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

NebachadnezzaR wrote:I got him too! I actually think Dracula was somewhat easier than the reaper. It was a long, difficult fight, but at least he had a pattern you could memorize and his projectiles were more easily avoided than the damn scythes.

Anyway, good game, it's a classic for a reason. BTW, I ended up playing (and beating) Castlevania Chronicles for the PSX, a remake of a remake of Castlevania if I'm informed correctly, and it's a pretty good one too! The music in particular is awesome.

Yeah! That version is pretty awesome as well!
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I really....really hate the old Castlevanias. I've tried them countless times. The controls are just horrible. They honestly feel like they belong on the 2600, not the NES. In my mind, they can't compare at all to the Marios and Megamans.