Post Your Jet Grind Radio Progress

Join in on our classic gaming club!
drozdal

Re: Post Your Jet Grind Radio Progress

Post by drozdal »

Curlypaul wrote:I cheated a little to get that top tag, I went up to the higher level and headed down the slope that goes past the wall with the high tags on it. I then started a slow grind along the top of the wall, jumpimg off to the left as I past the tag. Still took 2 tries but still easier than a double wall grind.

I haven't seen anyone pulling off double wall grind yet - I got two lower tags with regular wall grind and the third one by jumping from the red roof of the building (the one with two huge tags areas) and grinding the wall down - really easy. Actually it looked like you could do all of these tags together by grinding said wall from the roof.

As for Progress I got Mew (struggled a bit with second part of her challenge), defeated poison Jam in Kogane Circus and finished Benten Boogie (where you have to go up the stairs in the building to get final tag behind neon wall).

I tried to complete both Graffiti High (still have to time one jump to get final tag up) and final challenge against Poison Jam (getting 21 tags in 4 districts) - I have to get to know this level a little bit better. Maybe today :D
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I didn't know you guys had started this already. I considered taking part in this Together Retro selection, but I remember JGR being pretty hard so it's probably best I just let you guys do it instead of starting that game over again.

I will take this opportunity to ask a question of you guys though. When I played the game years ago I got Jet on practically every challenge in the game except one. There was a race against Beat that always gave me trouble. I never got Jet on it. I don't even remember if I was able to win the race. Whenever you guys get around to doing that part maybe you can offer some tips. Seems appropriate that the hardest challenge would come from the leader of the gang. Damn your avatar Racketboy :wink:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Racing beat -- that's just a challenge for Combo I believe -- I don't think you can get scores on it -- it's just a matter of beating him.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

racketboy wrote:Racing beat -- that's just a challenge for Combo I believe -- I don't think you can get scores on it -- it's just a matter of beating him.

Yeah, but I think you can redo a lot of the challenges later and get ratings for them. It's been so long since I've played the game. Maybe I'll load it up and check to make sure but I'm pretty sure you can redo that race and try to get a Jet ranking and I never could
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

Finally!! My vmus were not saving anything and after a few days of looking around was about to give up on this one.
http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/viewtopic.php?t=86915&sid=13a528e98a0369252c4be35bcfe9cb2d
Replaced the jump pak and just finished the first tutorial like levels, saved, paused and writing this post. :D What's up with this intec hyper pak should I throw into the trash?
Back to JGR!
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

racketboy wrote:Racing beat -- that's just a challenge for Combo I believe -- I don't think you can get scores on it -- it's just a matter of beating him.

It's the Jet Crush challenge for Shibuya, the one thing I never got a Jet rating for. Maybe you need to beat the game first before you unlock the Jet Crush challenges. I don't remember. If anybody can nail Jet on it I'd love to hear some tips. It's the only thing that kept me from really and truly completing the game.

Anyway, great game. Love hearing everyone's thoughts. One of these days I'll join in on one of these Together Retro projects. Shame you guys aren't doing one on Castlevania:Symphony of the Night given all the time I've been putting into it lately
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Gamerforlife wrote:

It's the Jet Crush challenge for Shibuya, the one thing I never got a Jet rating for. Maybe you need to beat the game first before you unlock the Jet Crush challenges. I don't remember. If anybody can nail Jet on it I'd love to hear some tips. It's the only thing that kept me from really and truly completing the game.

Anyway, great game. Love hearing everyone's thoughts. One of these days I'll join in on one of these Together Retro projects. Shame you guys aren't doing one on Castlevania:Symphony of the Night given all the time I've been putting into it lately

Close. We'll be doing the original Castlevania on Halloween, but we should have additional Castlevania discussions as well.
charlieton

Post by charlieton »

Hi all! Incidentelly, I started playing Jet Set Radio some time ago, not knowing that it was actually being featured here (at the very same time). I just read through all the posts concerning this here project, and decided that I want in!

Also, I recently got me a copy of the original Castlevania for NES, so at least I have a couple of months covered.

Anyway, as for my progress in Jet Set Radio: I played it for some time the other day, and got as far as the 2nd stage in Chapter 2. I gave it another try yesterday, but it began acting up and got stuck in the 'loading' screen. :(
I haven't tried it again since then (but I will, very soon).

edit: I actually finished the game yesterday, and boy, that's one trippy "final battle"!