Site Admin

Post Your Jet Grind Radio Progress

Post by racketboy »

Let us know how you're doing!
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Re: Post Your Jet Grind Radio Progress

Post by Mozgus »

I hate how long it takes to get the first 2 characters. I just wanna play the game immediately. They should have been part of the tutorial section.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:I hate how long it takes to get the first 2 characters. I just wanna play the game immediately. They should have been part of the tutorial section.

They ARE the tutorial section -- it doesn't take long.
Gum's stuff is pretty easy.
Tab's stuff is just a bit trickier. I think it took me a couple tries my first time....
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

racketboy wrote:
Mozgus wrote:I hate how long it takes to get the first 2 characters. I just wanna play the game immediately. They should have been part of the tutorial section.

Tab's stuff is just a bit trickier. I think it took me a couple tries my first time....

The tutorial is on the main menu....this isnt part of it.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:
racketboy wrote:

The tutorial is on the main menu....this isnt part of it.

Oh -- I guess I've never tried that....
Huh. Well last night I blew through it in a few minutes.
I completed three stages last night.

I forgot that even in the first levels the police swarm on you fast.
Little tip to newbies.... do the big, multi-can graffiti in the open, lower areas first before the police are on you. :)
paulie12uk
8-bit

Post by paulie12uk »

just done three areas and unlocked 3 characters but i remember it being easy, but i found it hard today i forgot how quickly the police swarm you. great game though
frood42
8-bit

Post by frood42 »

Epic Fail!

I'm damned if I can 'get' this game :oops: . Though I WILL persevere. :roll:

I remembered that I was pretty damn pants at this when I originally played it but I do remember that I got a little way into the main game before something else shiny got my attention.

I've got it fired up at the moment and I'm just getting angry with it. I thought I'd start off with the tutorial to get a bit warmed up. Moving about was fine, jumping and grinding Ok. Then it asked me to do 20 tricks in a row! :o Now I have to admit I'm no Tony Hawks player but I had a huge problem getting 20. I only eventually got it by luck after a fluky jump from a grind along the walkway took me back in the opposite direction. With whoops and hollers I looked with dismay at the next task to do 30 in a row

There must be some knack, some sweet route to take for maximum grinding on this intro level.

Any hints to get me through the intro? :lol:
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

frood42 wrote:Epic Fail!

I'm damned if I can 'get' this game :oops: . Though I WILL persevere. :roll:

I remembered that I was pretty damn pants at this when I originally played it but I do remember that I got a little way into the main game before something else shiny got my attention.

I've got it fired up at the moment and I'm just getting angry with it. I thought I'd start off with the tutorial to get a bit warmed up. Moving about was fine, jumping and grinding Ok. Then it asked me to do 20 tricks in a row! :o Now I have to admit I'm no Tony Hawks player but I had a huge problem getting 20. I only eventually got it by luck after a fluky jump from a grind along the walkway took me back in the opposite direction. With whoops and hollers I looked with dismay at the next task to do 30 in a row

There must be some knack, some sweet route to take for maximum grinding on this intro level.

Any hints to get me through the intro? :lol:

I know how you feel. I never beat the tutorial. How in the hell do you nail 30 tricks in a row? Are there secret moves I don't know about?
frood42
8-bit

Post by frood42 »

Got it now, had enough of the tutorial and went into the main game. Doing much better, sailed through the first level after getting to know it from the tutorial.

Looks like I'm going to have to learn the second level at bit. Had a couple of goes but timed out each time. Having a bit of problem getting the spray points in the half pipe sewers. Can't quite get the hang of getting up enough hight to reach them.

Also, am going to have to practice my wall grinds to get across the gap above the playground as I keep on falling into the street below.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Just finished the part where you have to chase down and tag Poison Jam.
Took me a couple trys, but that part is always fun :)