Next For Next Together Retro: Jet Grind Radio

Join in on our classic gaming club!
sakicfan84
24-bit

Re: Next For Next Together Retro: Jet Grind Radio

Post by sakicfan84 »

Sucks that my DC doesn't read my damn game despite the fact that it has one fricking scratch on it...seriously, one fricking scratch.
X-Fire: ezsblehman
FreshChurros
24-bit

Post by FreshChurros »

Jet Grind Radio is my favorite Dreamcast game, so now seems like a good time to get into this Together Retro business!

Everything about the game was great. It had stylish graphics, and a soundtrack that rocked so hard I actually bought it!

I've probably played through five or six times, but I've never gotten perfect Jet scores on all the levels, or even collected all the Graffiti Souls. So... I should try to do that.
signaturesignaturesignaturesignaturesignature
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

racketboy wrote:And we're go for launch
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2008/09/ ... radio.html

The two links on that page dont work for me. They work on the front page though.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:
racketboy wrote:And we're go for launch
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2008/09/ ... radio.html

The two links on that page dont work for me. They work on the front page though.

I keep forgetting that the new version of Wordpress always screws up forum links.
I need to figure out how to fix that....
frood42
8-bit

Post by frood42 »

My first post on the forum. :)

I'll be firing JSR up tonight. I can remember that I was a pile of pants on it originally but I'll give it my best shot.
Kyle
24-bit

Post by Kyle »

It's really a great Game. It was one of my first Dreamcast Games and played it several times. Why has this game actually two names?
PAL: Jet Set Radio
NTSC: Jet Grind Radio
Something like Starfox ans Starwing?
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Kyle wrote:It's really a great Game. It was one of my first Dreamcast Games and played it several times. Why has this game actually two names?

Many games got different names in Europe, who knows why. I don't think it was due to previous copyrights in this case (that was why the Mega Drive was named Genesis in the U.S. though).
Back in the day everything "Ninja" was changed to something else (maybe because it was more associated with assassin here than in the U.S.?). Maybe they thought "Grind" would be associated differently here in Europe?

Ivo.
Kyle
24-bit

Post by Kyle »

Ivo wrote:
Kyle wrote:It's really a great Game. It was one of my first Dreamcast Games and played it several times. Why has this game actually two names?

Many games got different names in Europe, who knows why. I don't think it was due to previous copyrights in this case (that was why the Mega Drive was named Genesis in the U.S. though).
Back in the day everything "Ninja" was changed to something else (maybe because it was more associated with assassin here than in the U.S.?). Maybe they thought "Grind" would be associated differently here in Europe?

Ivo.

It seems you think of the Turtles Series. Am I right? Here they changed the name too, beacause of the Ninja thing. The rename-thing here in Europe is very strange.
Here Starfox is called Starwing, beacause a bad Atari 2600 has the name Starfox :roll:
thejamessea
24-bit

Post by thejamessea »

Hey everyone. New around here, but this site is amazing. Jet Grind Radio is one of my favorite games of all time. I remember playing it till 3 am every night when I was in 10th and 11th grade.

What an amazing escape from reality this game provided. It allowed people to step into a crazy, wacky world of ridiculous action and outrageous music. I can't wait to play this again. I'll be starting it tomorrow night.