Post Your Dig Dug High Scores

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Ack

Re: Post Your Dig Dug High Scores

Post by Ack »

Heh, yeah, no kidding. Just got a new top score. 35270 points.

By the way, anybody know where I can find a guide on using the z26 emulator? I really want to figure out which button takes screen shots.
xraydash
32-bit

Post by xraydash »

Good job, Ack! I'm done for the day and here's where I stand:

xbox (namco museum): 31,480
gba (namco museum - 50th anniversary): 25,990

The gba version seems a bit harder. The lil' guy is definitely slower overall and the controls aren't as responsive.

Oh, and my kids bailed on me. They were sucked into Drawn to Life for the DS and wanted to play the other games on the Namco xbox comp. Maybe tomorrow they'll give Dig Dug another go.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Almost broke into 2nd place with 24520

edit: make that almost 3rd...
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ok, before I go to bed...hate to break it to you guys, but I just got a score of 56410. I'm starting to think the Atari 2600 version is easier than the others, because I know you guys are just as good as I am at arcade games.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Well I finally got up to 28010
do you have another version you can try, Ack?
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I wasn't able to pick this up yet, but is there a favored MAME version to play? There is mroe than one revision.

Ivo.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Ivo wrote:I wasn't able to pick this up yet, but is there a favored MAME version to play? There is mroe than one revision.

Ivo.

Dunno -- maybe Fastbilly1 will chime in.
I say just play what's convenient for you, but just let us know what you're playing when you give the high score.
Whatupdoc?
24-bit

Post by Whatupdoc? »

Ivo wrote:I wasn't able to pick this up yet, but is there a favored MAME version to play? There is mroe than one revision.

Ivo.

I personally just stuck with the parent copy because clones are usually made easier or glitchy. Revision 2 is allegedly the parent. I can never understand such things as this....
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Whatupdoc? wrote:

Ivo.

I personally just stuck with the parent copy because clones are usually made easier or glitchy. Revision 2 is allegedly the parent. I can never understand such things as this....

Ok, I'm on revision 2. I got 32180 on my third try today (it's not my first time playing though). MAMEUI32, keyboard controls (I *love* playing on keys, it seems).

Ivo.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I am going through this on the PSP Namco Battle collection - which has the original arcade version on it. Is everyone getting their high scores with the default difficulty settings (number of lives, score needed for 1Ups, etc.)? It would be good to know...