What Port of Lunar Are You Playing?

Join in on our classic gaming club!
racketboy
Site Admin

What Port of Lunar Are You Playing?

Post by racketboy »

I'm going to go with the PS1 version via ePSXe. Wait -- maybe I should experience the original...
I don't know.... Must make decision soon....
How 'bout you?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I cant remember the exact issues I had, but I tried it on ePSXe and eventually preferred pSX for this one. I think there were audio issues, I just cant remember what exactly.
peglegs
16-bit

Post by peglegs »

well this blows im going to have to play the gba versio way to many random battles and a little bit to easy. simple cheat? when you save your game then reload you have full health and you can save anywhere. but i wont be doing that.

go with the playstation version i've played all american ports and it is by far the best i dont belive it takes away anthing that i recall but it for sure adds a whole lot more to the game
this was also my first rpg i ever played so its got a huge nostalgia factor for me
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

peglegs wrote:this was also my first rpg i ever played so its got a huge nostalgia factor for me

Me too, except it was not the first one I ever played, instead the first I ever beat.

Since I own both the Sega CD and PSX I am not quite sure which to play. I never beat, or even moved from the first disk, on the PSX because if I remember correctly the game play was drastically different.

I am unsure which to play...

here is a link with some discussion on which version is better (some slight spoilers)
http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/lunarsilverstarstoryc/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42406735&pid=197808
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
neoclasic
8-bit

Post by neoclasic »

At last! something that I can play and enjoy in together retro :D

The most simple way to me is the GBA port emulated in VirtualGameBoy. Great emu and simple setup. Just one question: what is lost in this port?

The SegaCD version is not so easy to me because I don't have the disc yet. However I feel interest in this port because it will be my first SegaCD game ever. :P
marurun

Post by marurun »

I'm kinda leaning toward the PSX version, though I'll have to get it via UG. If the GBA version is relatively true I might pick it up, though.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Adderall
32-bit

Post by Adderall »

I will be using the CDX to play!!!!

Now I just need to convince my GF to give me some time to really get into it...
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

marurun wrote:I'm kinda leaning toward the PSX version, though I'll have to get it via UG. If the GBA version is relatively true I might pick it up, though.

The GBA version is like the cliff notes version. The story was changed somewhat so that it could fit easily into a portable package.

I highly reccomend the Sega CD one, I will let people know about the PSX one.
Like I said I love this game and have both versions, but only played though a couple hours of the PSX back in the day.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
pompeyparsons
32-bit

Post by pompeyparsons »

From a cost standpoint I'm going to go with the Lunar Legends on GBA, I'd much rather read the full length novel instead of the cliff notes version but I'm going to try to remain frugal for the time being, look forward to checking the game out.
Bootaaay
128-bit

Post by Bootaaay »

Do any of the PSX emu's work with the wired 360 pad? If so, i'll go with the PSX port. I've got the Saturn version of Lunar that i've been meaning to play for ages, but i'd prefer to play it in English and preferably with a game pad :D