Together Retro: Lunar Silver Star

Join in on our classic gaming club!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Just reached Saithe - party is all level 9 or 10. Real life has not allowed me much time to play. The ease of the random battles is what has kept me from playing it in the past and it is what makes me bored of it quickly. Great system, just to easy.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

Just reached Meryod or whatever that city built with planks on top of water is called (I have a bad memory for names). Now I'm off to the tower. My party is around level 20, if I recall correctly.

By the way, is it just me or there's a lot of sexual jokes? When Kyle joins the party he says something like "it's going to be a long trip, I better take some "protection"", to which Jessica replies in disgust. Since the two are lovers and Kyle is a ladies' man, I doubt he was talking of his shield when he said "protection"...
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Finished GBA port, just arrived in Meribia in the PS version (which is highly, highly superior - most of the things I complained about the GBA battles are seriously improved in the PS version - the "formation" crap in the GBA port is a bit silly all in all as it doesn't seem to matter there).

Ivo.
xraydash
32-bit

Post by xraydash »

NebachadnezzaR wrote:By the way, is it just me or there's a lot of sexual jokes? When Kyle joins the party he says something like "it's going to be a long trip, I better take some "protection"", to which Jessica replies in disgust. Since the two are lovers and Kyle is a ladies' man, I doubt he was talking of his shield when he said "protection"...

Yeah, there's tons of innuendo. I find myself cracking up a lot. What makes it even more funny for me is that my kids, especially my daughter, like to watch me play and I have to read the dialog out loud. Those kinds of jokes are totally over their heads but every now and then I'll hear my wife laughing in the background because she'll catch something.

That "protection" bit was good and so was the part at Meryod where one of them makes a crack about how they were surprised the townsfolk could "nail anything that wasn't related to them."
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

This game is fun but random battles are getting annoying and repetitive as you only attack and heal once in a while. So I'm trying to get the axe for the guy who's gonna repair the bridge, currently at the shed but can't find it where the hells is it? Can someone tell me the exact location?

Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

In the weird woods (northwest from the the dude who needs the ax) you'll meet a man named Laike and the tool shed is near where Laike is standing.

http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/Working_ ... unar1.html
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

:lol: this one almost got me! after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-PXV7IBHCw&feature=related

figured out it was all just triggered events. didn't try to sell my diamond on the town shops (maybe was thinking of putting it on ebay) so Ramus didn't say anything about going to the other town, so Nall didn't comment on fixing the bridge, so the guy who lost his axe just said the water level was too high and said nothing about no damn axe so it just didn't magically appeared in the shed so my adventure was ending there.

finally!!!!
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.
xraydash
32-bit

Post by xraydash »

Well, I guess I'm done at about twenty one hours, heading into the Frontier. I got to the end of disc one and I'm not able to switch discs. I was playing a burned copy on an original playstation using a gold finger game enhancer and it simply won't do anything once it reaches the change disc screen. Doesn't matter what disc I put in there, it's frozen up and won't spin. I thought maybe it might be the gold finger so I tried the swap disc trick and still no dice. Pretty frustrating, especially considering this is the second game in a row I invested a lot of time in only to reach a point where I can't continue.

I even tried to emulate it on both psx and epsxe because I found a game save at gamefaqs for the beginning of disc 2. I converted the save from a .gme file to .mcr but couldn't get the emulators to see it.

I was going to have to take some time off from the game anyway because we're going out of town for a couple of weeks starting Wednesday. Still, I'm bummed. I really want to finish this game! I'm considering buying it to play when we return but it's so expensive and there can't be too much left. Probably not a sound investment for someone who's not really a collector.

That leaves the gba version, which I was going to take on our trip anyway. Those of you that have played both, is the the story generally the same from the Frontier to the end of the game? I want to know how everything is resolved, but through playing rather than spoilers.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

xraydash wrote:I even tried to emulate it on both psx and epsxe because I found a game save at gamefaqs for the beginning of disc 2. I converted the save from a .gme file to .mcr but couldn't get the emulators to see it.

There's more people emulating it (myself included). Perhaps a save state file (rather than a save file) from whoever has reached the Frontier (disc 2) will work?

In the PS version (emulated on PSX) I'm still a long way off that part (still in Meribia), so I can't help you - yet. However, if nobody else "helps" you for a while, I'll keep you in mind and bail you out when I finally get there.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I'm getting close to leaving Meribia on the GBA port. The GBA version, and your comments about the PSX version, are encouraging enough that I may go back and play it later. Now, though, it's too difficult to get access to the TV.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.