Together Retro: Lunar Silver Star

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

Some luck, I just finished Lunar a few months ago. Didn't know there was a psx version. Too bad I don't have a modded psx.

I love these sega RPGs though. I just finished Phantasy Star II last weekend. Maybe I'll give Lunar 2 a spin this week.Or I've been meaning to play Panzer Dragoon Saga, but if you're going to do that in the future I can wait.

I liked Lunar a lot, it was very well balanced. I never felt bogged down with monsters trying to get from one place to another, or felt the need to grind to level up. Careful HP/TP item management was pretty important though. The plot is extremely linear, but that's ok by me. I felt plenty motivated to find out what happens next. Anime style cutscenes were amusing.

I hope you all give it a good run. It doesn't really take that long,not compared to phantasy star II at least, heh.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

The Sega CD version was the first RPG that I have ever beat.

This is a great choice, my favorite RPG ever, because of the wonderful nostalgic factor.
Good call!
With no more track to coach, I will be playing and posting feverishly on this game.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
glynnahab
128-bit

Post by glynnahab »

Cool. I played this one on the PS1 back in the day and lost my copy over the years. Sucks since the game - like most PS1 RPGs - turned out to be pretty valuable. Looks like I'll be downloading it...
xraydash
32-bit

Post by xraydash »

Good timing, I guess, since my Skies of Arcadia crapped out on me. :cry: One thing I really like so far is how fast you can zip around.
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

Roughly how many hours is this game supposed to be? I've wanted to play it for a while.
ncd

Post by ncd »

Um... is it just me or is the link for the PDF Guide just lead to some weird site with nothing there.

Personally I have a lot of trouble getting though the sewer since you can only use magic, and you are the only person in your party who can do magic.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

ncd wrote:Um... is it just me or is the link for the PDF Guide just lead to some weird site with nothing there.

Personally I have a lot of trouble getting though the sewer since you can only use magic, and you are the only person in your party who can do magic.

Check the link again....
neoclasic
8-bit

Post by neoclasic »

I play about two hours in this game and then... I got the Lunar presentation logo on screen! :o is this game so long or I am a slow player? :roll: Anyway, in order to make a fast run through the game I guess it's better the GBA since it is short than other ones... if I've understand well what people says. One reason more to feel worry about the length of this game. (I'm playing the GBA one)

At the other hand, I found that this combat system is pretty basic. It's not bad but it's not good either. Even the first boss is a bit too easy.

However after all I like this game. B+ so far.
peglegs
16-bit

Post by peglegs »

bone head move of the day
went into the magical cave (right before vane) without any poitions since i have luna with me.
got into the battle and its one that luna sits out so now im stuck having to grind up a bit to get through this boss. also playing gba version and noticed something else that made me dislike the port a lot
nall your little "cat" buddy resurects a dead party member after every turn so basicly all you have to do is keep one person alive and not have to waste angel tears on any one else.

oh just remembered another odd thing that happened with nall the first time i played the game back on the sega cd but i will wait till a little bit latter to bring it up i dont want to leave any spoilers on here
Randy_Marsh
24-bit

Post by Randy_Marsh »

i wonder if the racketboy together retro subforum temporarily drives up ebay prices of featured games. i bet it does.