Together Retro: Lunar Silver Star

Join in on our classic gaming club!
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Lunar Silver Star

Post by pepharytheworm »

I quite enjoyed the GBA version. The battles are the best on that version. To be honest I played only the GBA and ps1 versions, but I find the cutscenes really didn't add all that much. If you had to choose one version to play I would say pick up the PS1 version but don't stress over it, especialy since the GBA version can be had cheap and the ps1 around $50.

By the way whos played the PSP version yet? Does it hold up well?
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm gonna end up putting it aside this month to focus on Phantasy Star. But I'll be returning to it for sure.
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

so the dragon diamond is made out of dragon shit
FAHQALL
24-bit

Post by FAHQALL »

I've never played this. Which version is better? Sega CD or PlayStation?
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

Supposedly the PS1 version is the best, but each has its own perks/charm.

Im a few hours in on the PS1 version and its pretty cool so far..minus the cheesy voice acting & cheesy cut scenes...

Gameplay is great though, story seems like its gonna get cooler as you progress.
sakicfan84
24-bit

Post by sakicfan84 »

FAHQALL wrote:I've never played this. Which version is better? Sega CD or PlayStation?

I'm more partial to the Sega CD version. I guess that's mostly based on nostalgic value though. I remember my friend watching me play this on a sleep over and ending up dying to borrow my Sega CD.

The graphics and audio are better on the Playstation obviously. But I don't have any problems with the way the Sega CD version's story flows together. They definitely fleshed out certain aspects of the story, but they didn't really need to be in my opinion.
X-Fire: ezsblehman
OmegaMaximum
16-bit

Post by OmegaMaximum »

I'm more partial to the Sega CD version, mostly because it's the only one I have. :lol:

But what I'm interested to find out is, which is better the Saturn or PS1 version? They should be almost exactly the same, but I've never known anyone to own the Saturn version that I could ask. I know there's a Saturn version with MPEG-1 videos, but I wonder if it loads faster, or if it looks smoother then the PS1 version, as many 2D games do on the Saturn.
Segata Sanshiro: "You must play Sega Saturn! Play... until your fingers break! Until your fingers break!"