If you could suggest !just one! game for Together Retro...

Join in on our classic gaming club!
4ppleseed
64-bit

If you could suggest !just one! game for Together Retro...

Post by 4ppleseed »

If you could suggest !just one! game for Together Retro, what would it be?
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

Diablo II all the way. Although I've already played it to death, I wouldn't mind playing it one more time, and I think that every gamer, with no exceptions, should play it at least once. It would also be nice to take a break from console games and there would be no need for emulators, so everyone would be playing it the same way.
PhilExile
32-bit

Post by PhilExile »

Shadowrun for the SNES!! I'm not usually an RPG fan, but this game is fantastic!
diehllane
32-bit

Post by diehllane »

Can we please do something with Neopets?

I kid, I kid.

I think playing The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link would be fun. I know a lot of people never really gave this game a chance, but it's got a decent level of difficulty as well as some great features to the game.
Atari 2600 (AV mod), NES, SNES (region switch for PAL), Virtual Boy, Gamecube, Wii (D2CKey), PSX (Stealth V), PS2 (independence exploit w/ 160 GB HDD), Goldstar 3DO, Philips CD-i, Dreamcast, Saturn (racketboy's chip), Sega Genesis 2 + CD2 + 32X + Power Base Converter, Game Gear.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Double Dragon. It was one of the first beat-'em-ups I ever played, and though it likely won't live up to my memories, I think everybody should play it, as it's an icon of the genre.

I mean, seriously, ask yourself: when was the last time you and a buddy busted out with some Double Dragon?
4ppleseed
64-bit

Post by 4ppleseed »

That's why I love this project. Just look at those 4 posts above, all excellent and diverse examples of why gaming is a passion, a benchmark and something we all want to share.
raztat
128-bit

Post by raztat »

NebachadnezzaR wrote:Diablo II all the way. Although I've already played it to death, I wouldn't mind playing it one more time, and I think that every gamer, with no exceptions, should play it at least once. It would also be nice to take a break from console games and there would be no need for emulators, so everyone would be playing it the same way.

Agreed. Best game ever.
4ppleseed
64-bit

Post by 4ppleseed »

I've never played Diablo II. Should I be hanging my head in shame? :oops:

I hope it comes up of TR one day :)
andymol21
64-bit

Post by andymol21 »

I would agree with Diablo II, and it's quite easy to get hold of (I've seen the collection is shops for about 9 euros). Played it to death with my friend years ago and recently started playing again. But if I was to suggest a game for TogetherRetro, it would have to be Legend fo Zelda - Links Awakening for the Gameboy. Or Space Station Silicon Valley for N64. Or MetalStorm for Nes. God I've always been useless at making decisions, but I think I would like to play through Links Awakening again. Next game should be an RPG, I feel I'm ready for a proper sit down and some story elements rather than the chasing of high scores of the last two games.
--=We Do What We Must Because We Can=--

FS/FT Thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24755&p=309811#p309811
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Post by Flak Beard »

I would really like to see Earthbound. I've never played it, but I've heard so many good things about it, that my curiosity is at an all time high. Having it on the TR would be a nice motivator to finally get around to trying it out. :D