Join in on our classic gaming club!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro November, 2020 - Games NOT Beaten

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:44 am

I played a BUNCH of Sonic Heroes today, and MY GOODNESS is this game not very good Xp
Be that as it may, I've beaten just about everything in it I couldn't beat as a kid! I've beaten both the Sonic and Dark routes, the two routes I could never beat as a kid~. I've also finished the Chaotix route and gotten four of the Chaos Emeralds, so all I have left to do is the Rose route and collect those last three Chaos Emeralds. It's been a fairly frustrating road so far, but with the stuff I have left, I wanna hope I'm hoping the worst of it is behind me ^^;
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
PretentiousHipster
64-bit

by PretentiousHipster Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:46 am

I played that game as a kid and the theme song has never left my head.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:23 pm

I'm not off to a good start with Super Metroid... I'm playing with a real cart on my SNES. I started a new save and played for 30+ minutes last night. Then when I went to play it a little this morning, the game froze on the Nintendo splash screen. I lost my save file. I know I was only 30 minutes in, but still. Pretty annoying.

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! CYBER MONDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:12 am

PretentiousHipster wrote:I played that game as a kid and the theme song has never left my head.

The game has a couple really awesome vocal tracks (the main theme and the secret final boss's theme), but overall the soundtrack is really lackluster compared to the other two 3D Sonic games, unfortunately :(
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Note
32-bit

by Note Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:36 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:I'm not off to a good start with Super Metroid... I'm playing with a real cart on my SNES. I started a new save and played for 30+ minutes last night. Then when I went to play it a little this morning, the game froze on the Nintendo splash screen. I lost my save file. I know I was only 30 minutes in, but still. Pretty annoying.

That's rough, and annoying experiences like that definitely turned me off from games in the past. Hopefully you restarted it and got back to where you were.

I've also had trouble beating Super Metroid, but my issue is with executing some of the button commands for jump moves that are needed reach certain areas late in the game. Love the game, has such a great atmosphere and art style, but have trouble with the controls.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:17 pm

Note wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:I'm not off to a good start with Super Metroid... I'm playing with a real cart on my SNES. I started a new save and played for 30+ minutes last night. Then when I went to play it a little this morning, the game froze on the Nintendo splash screen. I lost my save file. I know I was only 30 minutes in, but still. Pretty annoying.

That's rough, and annoying experiences like that definitely turned me off from games in the past. Hopefully you restarted it and got back to where you were.

I've also had trouble beating Super Metroid, but my issue is with executing some of the button commands for jump moves that are needed reach certain areas late in the game. Love the game, has such a great atmosphere and art style, but have trouble with the controls.

The wall jump definitely is a big stain on what is to me otherwise a 10/10 game. That said, you're not required to master it to beat the game. It's fairly easy to pull off once to get out of that hole in Brinstar, and the rest is for goodies.

Still a top 10 for me.

Also, unless it's an initial playthrough, 30 minutes in Metroid is actually quite a bit of action. Luckily, it's only 30 minutes.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:50 am

I finished Sonic Heroes yesterday and wrote my review of it today in the beaten thread. Spoiler alert: It was not a super positive review :lol:

I'm gonna try and get to at least one more unbeaten game this month. Likely at least Shadow the Hedgehog, but I gotta have a gander around the apartment for anything else unbeaten that I wanna take another crack at. At any rate, I've still got Drakengard 2 to finish, so anything else will have to wait until after that (because i was so busy mucking around with my new capture card today I didn't get to playing any Drakengard 2 XP).
Syndicate
16-bit

by Syndicate Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:54 pm

...Mega Man 8 is done and I'm thinking I'll make a run at Ninja Gaiden Black next. I'm not sure what's next after that though.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:08 pm

Markies wrote:River City Ransom - I started this with a friend of mine, but we only got a few hours in. I'm going to start this solo and see if I can plow my way through it.

I started River City Ransom (NES) this afternoon!

After playing RPG's for so long, the system feels so weird. Defeating enemies only gives money. That money is then used at shops to increase your stats. Also, there are no set levels, so you can increase each stat individually.

I have beaten the first few bosses and then I got to a difficult part. So, I'm going to take some time to grind up some stat points. The game flows very well until you get surrounded and pummeled by some tougher enemies as you watch your life quickly fade away. Thankfully, you only loose money if you die.

Also, the password system is incredibly long with it being 33 characters per player. Thankfully, I'm playing single player, so it is much better.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:43 pm

Slowly getting along on The Guardian Legend. I finished Corridor 2 today. Am I supposed to do Corridor 12 early in the game?
Return to Together Retro