Post Your Defender High Scores

Join in on our classic gaming club!
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

xraydash wrote:I love the rankings chart! Thanks for doing that. I'm taking the night off and drinking some beers. I'd be mutant fodder flying impaired. :wink:

Ditto! Awesome!
And #16 -- woohoo!
nocturnalnerd
64-bit

Post by nocturnalnerd »

marurun wrote:I can safely tell you that I'm only getting worse at this game with time. Blah... That seems to happen to me. I hit a peak and then get worse until I devote enough time to "play it off", only life often gets in the way of me successfully playing my way out of a rut.

Its ok I suck to
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Well I think I'm done. I can't beat my previous. I'm happy with 4th place though.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

I set the game aside for a couple of days and played a few times today. Managed to beat my score but not by much. 19775. I'm done too.

How do you post an image? Uh...let me try to figure it out...bear with me, I'm an idiot with computers.

Edit: I think that works...I'm MAX and A.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
xraydash
32-bit

Post by xraydash »

Whew! I beat Ack's score. Twice actually. Wasn't sure if I could. Check it out:
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Love the ladder thats awesome!!

BTW I play on red label in various flavours of MAME (MAMEX for linux or the os x port MAME OS X) (my screenies were from MAMEX in linux and show the red label version playing)
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I played for a couple of hours and my best (after I got slightly used to the awful controls) is 17450. If I have time to train more I'll update this post.

Forgot to mention, this is for the red label arcade, and I'm stuck with keys :(
The best key mapping I managed is arrows up and down, thrust to the right, and reverse to the left (so due to the asymmetric controls I play mostly turned to the right, but I can manage flying to the left without too much trouble).

EDIT: 2 more hours, and I got 1st place in the high score boards 3 times(over the arcade default):
Wish I hadn't wasted time with controls similar to the "original" arcade controls. It's much better with controls that are 50% what they should be, and reversed only when I'm flying left.

Ivo.
[/img]
Dig
8-bit

Post by Dig »

I haven't been playing too much for lack of free time, but the highest I could get to was only about 16,000 points. It gets really frustrating getting killed by a bullet the size of a single pixel. :x
Suetekh

Post by Suetekh »

Updated....

xraydash climbs over Ack to claim top dog honours with a score of 35,950 :shock: , but look out for Ivo with a new entry that jumps straight into 3rd place!

Meanwhile doctorfuque gains one spot (I might have do see what I can do about that!)

Keep the scores coming! :D
Never put a gamer in charge of the office IT
Gourge Road Junkie
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Post by Flak Beard »

I never really enjoyed this game growing up, so this is as good as it gets for me. Maybe I'll take another couple tries at it later if I have time.

MAME Red Label