Capcom NES
16%

Total votes: 31

Markies
Next-Gen

Re: May 2020 Together Retro Poll

Post by Markies »

The Poll has officially ended!

In May 2020, Together Retro will be focusing on the Sega DreamCast!

We will be playing Dreamcast Games that were eventually ported to other consoles. How do they compared? Any differences? Which is the better game??

Also, games that were released on multiple consoles including the Dreamcast.

Get your Dreamcast games and let's see how well they do.

For me, I have started already and will be continuing playing it next month as well.
I will continue my replay of Skies of Arcadia!

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I can get a Dreamcast for like 3500 yen at the resale mall around here, so I guess this will be my excuse to finally pick up one of those :lol:
I've already got the first of the 7(?) parts of the El Dorado Gate series Capcom did on the Dreamcast (which honestly seem super simple and kinda crap, but whatever I got it for like 300 yen) as well as Maken X, both of which I'd be down to give a go next month~
At least providing I don't spend all my extra spending money on more laser discs like I did this month ^^;
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I'm glad to see Dreamcast won the poll, as it's one of my favorite consoles. I've wanted to play Skies of Arcadia for years but never bit the bullet and grabbed a copy, think I'll finally do that so I can play the game in May too.

Also, I might try to pick up a US DC light gun, so I can play House of the Dead 2.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I've said this before, but Skies of Arcadia, to me, feels like the final "classic" console JRPG, released before our present wave of sequels, remakes, throwbacks, and weeb shit. It exudes that same charm seen in the likes of Chrono Trigger, Grandia, and so forth. Such a good game. Be aware that it is one of those 50-60 hr. experiences though.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Completely agree with Bone re: Skies of Arcadia. The encounter rate can be frustrating, but the ship battles are fantastic fun and the story and characters blend well for a quality experience.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I'm glad to hear you both like the game. That's an interesting point about Skies being the final classic console RPG. After finally finishing Shenmue II earlier this year, it'll be good for me to check out (and hopefully finish) another heavy hitter on the system.

Also, I appreciate the heads up about the length. With my weekends and most evenings totally free due to being separated from both my family and girlfriend during this lockdown, I'm hoping I can get through the game in a few weeks, but we'll see.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

If I could FIND a copy of Arcadia around here, I'd give it another try, but since I've never seen a copy around these parts, I'm gonna have to skip a reattempt of that (can't even find it on Gamecube). I didn't really care for it the first time around, but it's one I'd like to give another try to at least finally see the end of it (last time I got to around where you get your own home base before I just never picked it back up again).
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Definitely would not have voted for dreamcast, but since we did maybe I will finally try and play RE: code veronica, it will be a tough sell given the fact that I just played through RE 4 wii edition and am starting re3make, but it is a game I have always wanted to play through, will be a tough sell adjusting to it after playing the other much better later entries in the series