Together Retro: The Official Forum Thread

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: The Official Forum Thread

Post by noiseredux »

Is there a full chronological list somewhere of all the past Together Retro games that have been played? Just curious because I didn't get involved until Castlevania.
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

noiseredux wrote:Is there a full chronological list somewhere of all the past Together Retro games that have been played? Just curious because I didn't get involved until Castlevania.

Easy just look at the topics on the together retro section. It's only two pages!!
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Please announce the remainder of the 2009 TR calander! I'm itching to start my cartridge hunting!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Alright all, since the next few months are going to be a bit hectic for me we are going try something different this year. We are going to try to have the entire Together Retro calender for the year assembled by the end of the month. This way those of us who want to play the games on original hardware have plenty of time to find them and we can get some of our bigger articles done for the main site.

We have a handful of guidelines to follow when choosing a game:
- Try to keep it at around $20
- On atleast two formats (arcade and pc do count as formats)
- Try to stay away from the hugely popular titles such as: Super Mario Bros 3, Final Fantasy VII, etc. The initial goal of this was to introduce people to games that they may have missed.

If you have a specific month or any questions just PM me, or comment here. NOW I cannot promise that everything suggested will be played this year, but we will work in all we can. Also if a specific title needs to be played to correspond with the podcast, months may be juggled.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

that's awesome. I'm very excited about having the full calendar ahead of time. It can become my shopping list. :)

I think I've mentioned quite a few suggestions in the past few months... Qwak being my big pick. But also, I'd like to say once more that if we're to announce 12 months at once, it would be awesome if each month was a different genre, be it puzzle, FPS, 2D fighter, platformer, straight shmup, etc. I think 12 genres in 12 months would be ideal.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Works for me, now to get 12 genres:
January - Beatemup/Brawler - Battletoads
February - Run and Gun - Contra
March - JRPG - Phantasy Star
April -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
December -

So have at it. We will be doing Qwak as our platformer title (Amiga, CD32, PC, Mac, GBA). THE only thing set in stone is Contra as February. We had several individuals request it for that month specfically.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

well like I said, I'd love to see a shmup as I haven't played tooooo many of them. A puzzler is always great. 2D fighter-wise, my vote is Killer Instinct. And I don't think TR has ever done a sports title (unless you count Punch-Out!).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

perhaps a TR post on the front page to get more people involved? I mean, if we're going to plan the full year now, it'd be nice to get some more feedback. Eh?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

okay........

sports title could be NBA Jam (lots and lots of ports) though that's maybe not such a rare title. Just trying to brainstorm guys. Nobody else has any opinions/suggestions?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:okay........

sports title could be NBA Jam (lots and lots of ports) though that's maybe not such a rare title. Just trying to brainstorm guys. Nobody else has any opinions/suggestions?

This idea I like.

Maybe I could get Turmell to do the podcast again :D