Together Retro: The Official Forum Thread

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Bastion
8-bit

Post by Bastion »

I would definitely be willing to do this. I am a high school history teacher with a love of videogames so this is right up my alley. If you decide to go with my idea, let me know the RPG that will be played a little early so I can do a write up for you to see if you think my writing is up your standards.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Sounds great :)
I can always polish up the writing, but you'll probably do fine. I'm far from the best writer, so don't stress out about that.

Perhaps we should start a thread to choose the longer games. I'd like to wait until Chrono Trigger DS is released to do that one even though I've already started it on the SNES. I think I'd play it more on the DS. And I'll respect Fastbilly1's request to hold off a bit on Earthbound.

Feel free to start the thread however you would like. This is really a community effort, so I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about it.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I am completely opposed to doing 2 games at once if they are both competing types of games and fill the same time period. That said, I actually like the idea of putting an RPG or similar extended play game over a 1.5 - 2 month span and having the regular, shorter games fill the foreground. There would be the slow track for delayed rewards and the fast track for immediate gratification, and it would be easy for some to do both. Those who can't do both have a choice.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:I am completely opposed to doing 2 games at once if they are both competing types of games and fill the same time period. That said, I actually like the idea of putting an RPG or similar extended play game over a 1.5 - 2 month span and having the regular, shorter games fill the foreground. There would be the slow track for delayed rewards and the fast track for immediate gratification, and it would be easy for some to do both. Those who can't do both have a choice.

That's essentially what I was thinking.
I'm wondering what the best way to organize or present the schedule would be?
Bastion
8-bit

Post by Bastion »

Yes, I agree that we do not want two long games at once. Which games on your current list would you deem long games? What is a long game? Over ten hours? Over 5 hours?

These are some things to take into consideration. Maybe Snatcher and Secret of Monkey Island could be the first two longer games we do and you could replace them in their slots with shorter games.

Is Jet Grind Radio long?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Both Snatcher and Monkey Island can be competed fairly quickly - even the first time through. Quickly in comparison to an RPG ofcourse.
jokeradvance

Post by jokeradvance »

:lol: to greet after so long I look forward to the rpg bahamunt lagoon for together retro
colombian harcore gamer
Locke
8-bit

Post by Locke »

Hello, I am a brand new member here and am happy to be a part of the site, especially when I found out about together retro. I would like to start with the next game (after Toejam and Earl), so if there is a list that I need to be added to or anything maybe a moderator could let me know what to do.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Nope, just play and start talking about it, that's all you have to do. Tell everybody how far you've gotten and discuss high scores...maybe somebody will come along and create a high scores chart like we did with Defender.
Locke
8-bit

Post by Locke »

Awesome, sounds like a lot of fun!